How to Remove Glass Mirror from Your Bathroom Wall
Removing a glass mirror from your bathroom wall may seem like a simple task; however, it can be quite challenging and dangerous if mishandled properly.
Keep reading to learn how to remove glass mirrors from your bathroom wall with this step-by-step guide and learn when you should call in a professional to complete the process.
How to Remove a Glass Mirror from Your Bathroom Wall
Accidentally dropping and shattering a mirror—especially one that covers the length of an entire wall—while removing it from the wall can lead to severe cuts and other injuries from broken glass.
Take safety precautions and wear protective gloves and eyewear when prying a mirror from its original place.
Because glass mirror removal often requires more than one person, call in a professional if you’re unsure whether you can handle the mirror removal process on your own.
If you feel comfortable removing a glass mirror from your bathroom wall by yourself, follow these steps:
- Cover the mirror with heavy-duty packing tape so the glass won’t crack or shatter. It’s also a good idea to cover your sinks and other appliances with a blanket to protect them from any dust or debris.
- Gently insert wooden shims in the gaps between the mirror and the wall.
- Using a pry bar, begin gently pulling the glass away from the wall. Continue to use steady pressure and work along the sides of the mirror.
- When you get near the bottom of the mirror, support it from the top to prevent the whole mirror from popping off at once.
- Once it’s loose enough, carefully carry it out of the bathroom and keep it in a safe place.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
At Glass Doctor®, we have over 40 years of experience repairing and replacing all types of mirrors, including bathroom mirrors.
Here’s what you can expect when you call one of our professionals to remove and replace your glass mirror.
- A glass specialist will arrive in your home: Our uniformed professionals will arrive on time and put protective footgear on before entering your house. We will evaluate the space and plan out the removal process.
- The removal process occurs: Using specific tools and techniques, our experts will safely remove your glass mirror.
- We offer custom mirror suggestions: After removing your existing mirror, a Glass Doctor professional will recommend custom glass mirror solutions and install the mirror of your choice.
- The new glass mirror is installed: Once we install the mirror, our experts will clean up the space and respect your property.
Custom Mirror Solutions at Glass Doctor
The addition of a custom bathroom mirror will make a space brighter and more aesthetically pleasing. Check out some of the custom mirrors offered by Glass Doctor:
- Mirrored backsplash
- Statement mirrors
- Hanging mirrors
- Framed mirrors
- Mounted mirrors
Call Glass Doctor Today for Glass Mirror Removal and Installation
When you need to remove a glass mirror from your bathroom wall and install a new one, call the certified professionals at Glass Doctor.
Schedule an appointment with one of our experts today at 855-603-1919.
11 Magnolia Lane: https://11magnolialane.com/how-to-safely-remove-that-large-builder-bathr...
The Spruce: https://www.thespruce.com/shim-uses-1822862