Types of Shower Doors
Are you looking for a new glass shower door for your bathroom? Keep reading to learn about different types of shower doors and their benefits.
At Glass Doctor®, we provide a variety of shower doors—from frameless doors to sliding shower doors—and offer efficient, same-day service. Schedule an appointment with us today at 855-603-1919.
Types of Shower Doors
Here are four types of shower doors and enclosures provided by Glass Doctor:
1. Frameless Shower Door
A frameless shower door is made of a single pane and pivots out into the room for a clean, modern look. Not only is this pivot door elegant and stylish, but it’s also one of the more durable and structurally sound options.
2. Frameless Shower Enclosure
For larger bathrooms, consider a frameless shower enclosure to add dimension to your room. Like frameless doors, this design gives your bathroom a clean and modern feel.
Enclosures can be rectangular or hexagonal, depending on the configuration of your bathroom and budget.
3. Bi-Fold Shower Doors
Bi-fold shower doors are great for bathrooms with limited space, like corner bathrooms. These doors feature panels that fold inside the shower, allowing you to utilize your space as much as possible.
Not only are these doors a practical solution for smaller bathrooms, but they are also extremely affordable.
4. Curved Glass Shower Door
If you want to create a walk-in shower, curved glass doors can open up your shower and give the feeling of a larger space. Curved glass doors feature a frame at the top and bottom of the door.
What Should I Consider Before Installation?
Our certified professionals recommend considering the following factors before installation:
- Configuration—This is important because the makeup of your walls and surrounding supports will influence how much weight can be supported with your new fixture.
- Shower heads—Think about selecting a shower head that won’t spray water beyond the parameters of the shower wall.
- Measurements—It’s best to let experts measure the shower area so they make sure they have the correct measurements before installation. This will also help Glass Doctor provide you with an upfront, flat-rate estimate.
- Ventilation—We’ll evaluate the ventilation in your bathroom so you can avoid moisture buildup, mold and mildew. If necessary, we will install glass steam room kits to improve ventilation.
Shower Door Installation Process with Glass Doctor
Before installing new shower doors, schedule a free, in-home consultation with a Glass Doctor expert. During the consultation, we’ll discuss your shower needs, budget and design ideas to ensure that your custom doors are a perfect fit.
Here’s what you can expect when you call us for an appointment:
- Our courteous professionals will arrive on time and put protective footgear on before entering your home.
- We will inspect your bathroom space, take measurements and discuss custom shower door options.
- Within 24 hours, we will provide a free, upfront quote detailing the scope of the project.
- After you approve the quote, we will make an appointment to come back with the necessary materials to install your new shower doors.
Here’s a more detailed description of the shower door installation process below:
Install Your Shower Doors with Glass Doctor
Choose from different types of shower doors at Glass Doctor and let us upgrade your existing bathroom space.
Give us a call today at 855-603-1919 to schedule your free, in-home consultation and get the perfect shower door for your bathroom.
Atlanta Home Improvement: http://www.atlantahomeimprovement.com/local-experts/choosing-frameless-s...