Types of Glass for Shower Doors
Choosing the right type of glass for your shower doors is an important part of maintaining the design of your bathroom space. Picked to match your bathroom design and needs, shower doors made of privacy glass or safety glass can give you your own personal oasis.
Custom Glass Shower Doors with Glass Doctor
Glass for shower doors comes in many different styles. You made the right choice by choosing a glass shower enclosure, and now you can complete your look by choosing the right type of glass for your shower design. Glass Doctor® is available to answer all of your questions about the different types of shower doors and will custom-cut your doors to complement your space.
Below are some of the different types of shower door glass you can choose from:
- Annealed glass is a standard float glass. It is made without internal stresses caused by heat treatment.
- Cast glass is cut and fabricated, then put into a kiln and heated up on a mold, taking on the texture of the mold. It can be used in any configuration and is very aesthetically-pleasing.
- Clear glass is made much like window glass, except it’s thicker. This glass is popular with traditional showers.
- Rain glass is textured on one side of the glass and the design runs vertically so the resulting effect resembles falling rain.
- Hammered glass is made with similar dents which resemble hammered metal. It can slightly obscure the glass but it is not as private as some other types of glass. The hammered effect can also create unique light effects.
- Heavy glass creates enclosures made with glass thicker than 1/4”. Most are made with 3/8” glass, but some are also made with 1/2” glass or 5/16” glass.
Get Your Shower Doors from the Glass Experts
Glass Doctor experts are well equipped to help you choose the right type of glass for your shower doors. The best way to get started is to call us at 855-603-1919 and schedule your in-home consultation. Our experts will help you determine the design you want, take measurements, ensure your shower is set up correctly and provide an upfront estimate. Call us today to get started.