Sliding Shower Door Repair | Glass Doctor
If your sliding shower door needs to be adjusted or needs a repair, call the professionals at Glass Doctor® to ensure a quality, long-term solution. Handling broken shower door glass can be challenging and dangerous. Our glass experts will help prevent potential injuries and fix the issue quickly and efficiently.
Get a trusted sliding shower door repair near you by scheduling an appointment with us today at 855-603-1919.
Sliding Shower Door Repair Solutions with Glass Doctor
Depending on the type of sliding shower door repair you need, whether it be a glass pane replacement or track adjustment, our professionals will help you determine how to best repair your shower door. A dragging shower or bathtub door can permanently damage both the door and the track if ignored for too long, so it’s best to get it fixed as soon as possible.
If your sliding shower door is sticky, immobile or comes off the tracks, you will need a track adjustment. There are two primary elements to consider when repairing sliding shower doors: the wheels, also called rollers, and the track.
During a scheduled appointment for a sliding shower door repair, our professionals will lift the door and adjust the rollers back onto the track. If the rollers have trouble aligning with the track, we will realign the rollers or remove the doors for you and replace them ourselves.
We will also wipe down the rollers and track, as they can build up dirt over time and hinder sliding movements.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
If you have broken glass in your shower door and need a more extensive repair or replacement, call our experts as soon as possible. We offer 24/7 same-day repair and replacement services for all types of shower doors.
When you schedule an appointment with us, here’s what you can expect from our sliding shower door repair services:
- Our courteous, uniformed professionals arrive in your home, assess the damage and recommend a sliding shower door repair or replacement.
- If a repair is necessary, we will fix your shower door on the spot.
- If a replacement is more urgent, we will clean up the broken glass, take measurements of your existing shower door, order a replacement and schedule a follow-up time to complete the installation.
- Once we complete the installation, we will remove any remaining debris in the area.
How to Repair Sliding Shower Doors
While sliding shower door repair may be possible to complete on your own, it can be costly and time-consuming without the proper knowledge and tools.
If you feel confident about adjusting the rollers yourself, follow these steps to learn how to put shower doors back on track:
- Look at the door rails to see if there’s a guide rail screwed on to the door or door frame—it will be held on by one or two screws.
- Remove the guide so you can take off the shower doors.
- Look closely at the rollers, spin them and see if they turn freely. If the spinners don’t turn, clean them with a damp rag and apply a bit of spray lubricant.
- Put the shower doors back in place and ensure that they are rolling correctly. Your shower door track should be securely installed to ensure your safety.
Sometimes, the rollers just get worn out and need to be replaced. If your rollers are broken or warped, you’ll need to buy new ones. To get the correct rollers, write down the manufacturer and size specifications and inspect the extent of roller wear, the roller type and the condition of the guiding track.
Remember that if your shower doors have broken glass in them, it’s best to call in a professional.
Schedule a Sliding Shower Door Repair with Glass Doctor
Repairing a sliding shower door by yourself may be challenging, especially if you don’t have the necessary tools or expertise. Save time and money by contacting the experts at Glass Doctor for quality repairs. If you need more than a simple repair, we also offer sliding shower door replacement services. Most big box hardware stores can only provide a standard set of products, but Glass Doctor offers custom-cut glass and a free in-home consultation to discuss options and budget.
Schedule an appointment with our certified professionals today at 855-603-1919.