Shower Door Opening
Installing new shower doors is a simple, affordable way to upgrade your bathroom space. Before figuring out which type of glass to use or what finish you want for the frame, you should take precise measurements of the shower door opening.
To ensure accurate measurements, call the professionals at Glass Doctor® at 855-603-1919 to measure the space and install your new shower quickly and efficiently.
How Do I Measure a Shower Door Opening?
Regardless of which type of shower door you want, accurate measurements of the shower door opening are necessary to prevent water leakage and ensure a comfortable standing position.
Follow these steps to measure your shower door opening:
- Measure the desired height of the door on each side of the opening to the nearest 1/16 inch.
- Compare both height measurements. If you want to install a custom frameless door, save both measurements and remember which one belongs with which side.
- Next, measure the width of the opening at the top, middle and bottom to the nearest 1/16 inch.
- Use a tape measure to measure the width of the door if you are planning to install a swinging unit.
Note that the type of door that will work best for your shower depends on the shower design, the size of the opening and how far you want the door to open.
Tips to Get the Proper Shower Door Opening
Ask yourself these questions when measuring your shower door opening:
- How are you going to step into the shower? If you walk straight into the shower, you’ll need more space than if you step in sideways.
- Are you going to have a doorless walk-in shower or a framed/frameless shower door? A frameless door needs a larger opening than a door with a frame around it.
- Who will be using the shower? Depending on the size of the person using the shower, you need to take into consideration the height and width of the opening, in addition to other design tweaks, such as wheelchair access.
To avoid inaccurate measurements and sizing issues, it’s a good idea to contact the experts at Glass Doctor. We have over 40 years of experience measuring and installing custom shower doors.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
When you schedule an appointment with Glass Doctor to install your new shower doors, here’s what you can expect:
Our professionals have the skills and expertise to properly measure your shower door opening and create a custom shower for you and your needs.
In addition to our years of experience, we also provide:
- Emergency repair and replacement services, 24/7
- Flexible appointment scheduling
- Guaranteed workmanship during every job
- Bonded and insured professionals
- Upfront, flat-rate pricing with no overtime fees
Call Glass Doctor Today to Create Your Custom Shower Door
Make sure you can comfortably fit through your shower door opening by calling the experts at Glass Doctor to take the necessary measurements and install your new shower doors.
Schedule an appointment with one of our experts today at 855-603-1919.
SF Gate Home Guides: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/measure-glass-shower-door-34267.html