Home Mirror Types | How to Use Them Efficiently
Mirrors are an affordable way to create depth and enhance beauty in any home. The right decorative mirror can bring in more light and increase the aesthetic appeal of a room, but how do you choose between the different mirror types? Here are a few types of mirrors and areas where you can place them throughout your home.
Common Types of Mirrors
The three most common mirror glass types for home decor are:
- Plane Mirror — These are flat mirrors that reflect images in their normal proportions, reversed from left to right. This is the most common type of mirror used in bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Concave Mirror — Concave mirrors are spherical mirrors that curve inward like a spoon. They create the illusion of largeness and are typically found in bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Convex Mirror — Convex mirrors are also spherical mirrors. However, unlike concave mirrors, they bulge out and distort the reflected image, making it smaller.
Different Types of Mirrors and Their Uses
With Glass Doctor®, you can design custom mirrors for your home that are functional, decorative or both. Our understanding of the physics behind mirrors will help you decide between the many different kinds of mirrors, and how to use them to benefit your space. Here are ways to incorporate different types of mirrors around the house:
- Enhance natural light—Mirrors placed directly across from a bright window will reflect light throughout the room.
- Expand the size of a room—Large mirror types, like a floor to ceiling mirror, go well in living rooms because they give the illusion of more space.
- Add unique decor—Custom-cut mirrors in an entryway or hallway will catch the eye of your guests as soon as they enter your home.
- Increase functionality—Concave mirrors are perfect for your bathroom, as they’ll improve your makeup or shaving routine by reflecting an enlarged image of the face.
- Accentuate a furniture piece—Hanging a mirror above your mantle or couch will draw attention to these areas and create a focal point for the room.
Custom Mirrors with Glass Doctor
Below are some custom mirror options that Glass Doctor offers:
Mirrored Wall: Add depth to your hallway and make it appear much longer with a mirror. Nice framework adds elegance and artistry.
- Bedroom mirrors: Reflect natural light from your windows and lamps—used most often to view yourself every day before your day begins.
- Mirrored backsplash: Accentuate your kitchen with light and space with a mirrored backsplash.
- Statement mirrors: These decorative mirrors customize fireplaces, headboards and dining rooms as conversation pieces.
- Mounted mirrors: Mounted mirrors help out by illuminating artificial light—great for that dark corner of the room.
- Full-length mirrors: These mirrors help you dress for success. Some floor-to-ceiling mirrors fit nicely inside larger closets to get a better look at your wardrobe.
- Framed mirrors: Bathroom mirrors and other decorative mirrors stand out as art pieces with a custom frame.
- Custom mirror tabletops: Accentuate your end tables, coffee tables and others with a custom mirror top.
Contact Glass Doctor Today
Our Glass Doctor professionals have years of experience providing affordable custom glass and mirror solutions that add beauty and style to any home. Our experts can cut and install different types of mirrors anywhere you need. Contact us today at 855-603-1919 to schedule an in-home consultation.