Replacing Broken Glass in French Doors
If you have broken glass in your French doors, the experts at Glass Doctor® will come to your house for a consultation, measure the broken pane, cut replacement glass and install your new French doors—guaranteeing our workmanship.
Call 855-603-1919 for a Glass Doctor specialist to come out and fix your French doors today.
French Door Installation Process—What to Expect
Though there are some steps you can take on your own to learn how to replace a glass pane in your french door, it can be a complicated process if you’re not normally a serious DIY type. At Glass Doctor, we repair or replace your French doors, typically within the same day. During your free in-home consultation, a glass expert will help you customize the look of your new doors and determine the most cost-effective option.
Here is what you can expect when you schedule an appointment with Glass Doctor:
A Glass Doctor specialist will come to your home to assess the damage and take any necessary measurements. We will deliver a free quote within 24 hours of our visit.
- If a simple repair is needed, we can complete the fix during our visit.
- If a replacement pane for your glass french door needs to be ordered, we will board up the broken glass, order a new pane and schedule a follow-up appointment to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, our glass professionals will make sure the area is cleaner than it was when we first arrived.
Remember that handling broken pieces of glass on your own can be a challenging, dangerous process. Always call in a professional to help handle and replace broken glass.
Custom Solutions for French Doors
At Glass Doctor, we have the skills and expertise to replace a variety of French doors, and we’re proud to offer custom glass solutions that adhere to what our customers need. Our glass cutters can ensure you get exactly what you’re looking for in your home.
Take a look at some of the replacement glass options we offer below:
Replace Broken Glass with Safety Glass
Exterior French doors that open up to display a green lawn or garden are often damaged due to rocks tossed up by a weed eater, blower or lawn mower. We will replace your broken glass with stronger inserts to prevent future problems and recommend safety glass.
There are two main types of safety glass we offer for your exterior doors: tempered glass and laminated glass.
- Tempered glass is stronger and more durable than regular annealed glass. If tempered glass is broken, it will shatter into dull, rounded cubes, as opposed to sharp, jagged pieces.
- Laminated glass is another type of safety glass that protects against wind, heat and impact. It also does a great job of reducing glare and controlling UV (ultraviolet) radiation.
Get Rid of Condensation Between Panes
Some French doors consist of double-pane windows. With older double-pane windows, a seal will occasionally break, causing moisture to seep in between the panes and form a milky film on the windows.
If you notice condensation building either on or within your French doors, we will evaluate the cause of the condensation and replace the affected pane, instead of the whole door—this will not only save you time, but it will also save you money.
We will measure, cut and install the glass, restoring the seal and leaving your French doors looking brand new.
Why Glass Doctor?
At Glass Doctor, we’re experts when it comes to glass. Our specialists have the skills and expertise necessary to provide you and your home with the best custom glass solutions.
Here are some additional reasons why we should be your go-to glass service:
- We’re bonded and insured, guaranteeing our workmanship.
- We provide 24/7 emergency repair and replacement services. From installing storm doors to french door repair, we can give you the service you need.
- We’ll work with your insurance company in the event of a break-in, saving you money in the process. If you’re still worried about how much french door replacement glass will cost you, we can discuss options with you during our free in-home consultation.
- Our experts are courteous and professional at all times.
- We offer a Glass Doctor Advantage Plan® for priority scheduling and additional benefits.
- We are proud to have satisfied customers.
Call Glass Doctor Today
When you need glass door repairs or French door replacement glass, call the certified professionals at 855-603-1919 to provide a same-day fix.
Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-is-tempered-glass-mad/