Vacations take a lot of planning, and planning can be complicated when you leave behind family members, a cherished pet or your home. Ask yourself…are you fully prepared?
In an article from Independent Traveler, writer Costello shares a list of ideas to consider to give you some peace of mind:
- Ask a friend if they can help keep an eye on things.
- Don’t publicly notify everyone, especially those you do not know, that you will not be home.
- Notify the police if you are leaving more than a week at a time.
- Keep your curtains and windows closed to prevent people from peering in.
- Install a light timer inside the house that turns lights on and off to make it look like someone is home.
- “Stop” your mail temporarily or have someone you know gather this for you while you’re gone.
- Ensure all external electrical devices are unplugged to help prevent against power surges and help save energy.
- Remove your spare key .
For more detailed information ~ http://www.independenttraveler.com/
Here at Glass Doctor of Raleigh we value the safety of our customers from when they are present in our store to having fun on adventures unknown. We want to ensure that your home is fully protected while you’re away and that can be as simple as making sure you have properly installed windows that provide the sense of security that every good home deserves.
Our specialist here at Glass Doctor of Raleigh can ease your worries by providing a free consultation and explaining the quality services we provide in window repair and installation. Call us today! We fix your panes!