Windshield Repair and Replacement
It can be tempting to ignore damage to your windshield, however, this can affect the safety of you and your passengers. Glass Doctor¨ of Kingman will repair most chipped windows.
When determining whether a windshield chip repair or replacement is indicated, we consider several factors.
- Size: The vast majority of chips larger than 3/8 inch or cracks over three inches long require a windshield replacement.
- Damage location: Cracks on the edge of a windshield generally require a replacement, because of their tendency to spread. Cracks within your line of vision may also require a replacement.
- Timing: The longer a chip or crack is left unaddressed, the more likely that grime buildup will hinder a successful repair.
If your windshield requires repair, Glass Doctor of Kingman will deal with the insurance paperwork. Don't wait to request windshield chip repair. Our team of glass specialists will help you to determine your windshield repair and replacement needs.
Windshield repair is a cost-effective alternative to replacement and can keep chips and cracks from spreading. In most cases, repair is recommended over replacement. Most windshields can be replaced within an hour. Many insurance companies will waive your deductible if you choose windshield chip repair. Repairing your windshield will also keep old glass out of landfills, making it an environmentally-friendly option.
When repairing your windshield, a glass specialist will remove any debris from the impacted area. Special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of your windshield and then polished to a clear finish.
When a windshield replacement is indicated, it is important to have the work done quickly. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ reports that your windshield is responsible for up to 60 percent of your vehicle's structural integrity, during a rollover crash. A series of steps will be performed to ensure that your windshield is properly installed to support your vehicle.
- First, the windshield is removed, avoiding damage to the paint and bonding surface.
- Next, a windshield with the same original equipment manufacturer quality will be chosen for replacement.
- Only adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Councilª (AGSC) will be applied to your vehicle.
- The new windshield is then replaced, using procedures recommended by the AGSC.
- A one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is observed to allow the adhesive to fully cure.
All windshield replacements performed by Glass Doctor of Kingman include the G12¨ Road Hazard Guarantee, which allows you to have your new windshield repaired, free of cost, if it is damaged within the 12 month period following the replacement. If your windshield is damaged beyond repair, Glass Doctor of Kingman will replace it, free of charge. Contact our team today to restore your windshield.