Double Pane Windows
Creating a comfortable environment while reducing utility costs is the goal of every homeowner. Glass Doctor® of Kingman knows the windows in your house have a significant impact on your energy usage. We deliver double pane window repair service designed to ensure your windows function properly, and we also perform insulated glass unit (IGU) upgrades that prevent wastes generated by aging seals or damaged glass.
Building total energy efficiency into your home involves comprehensive planning. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, your windows are often responsible for up to 25% of your heating expenses if improperly sealed.
Our glass experts have the experience and industry knowledge to generate cost-saving solutions for your home or business. We conduct double pane window repair on existing units, or develop a replacement plan designed to minimize your home's energy use while maximizing your comfort.
- Insulated Glass Units (IGUs): Double pane windows are constructed to hinder the loss of climate controlled air to the outdoors. Panes are situated to allow an air space between them, which acts as an effective insulator. The space features a moisture removing desiccant or specialized warm-edge spacer component to prevent interior condensation, and the perimeter of the unit is sealed using an industrial grade sealant. Upgrades include gas fills, such as argon or krypton, which enhance air resistance and insulation ratings, reducing your heat loss.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) Glass: This distinctive type of glass is effective for blocking ultra-violet (UV) light rays that generate a greenhouse effect and fade upholsteries, carpets and furniture. When used in conjunction with double pane windows, the end result is an effective reduction in energy costs and superior home protection.
Over time, extreme environmental conditions diminish the insulation properties of double pane windows. For example, structural stress that generates possible gaps around frames, closure issues or inadequate seals allow your climate controlled air to escape.
Signs to look for include:
- Cloudy or dingy-looking deposits inside the window unit
- Condensation forming on the interior of the window
- Drafts along window casements or frames
Our glass specialists perform double pane window repair service according to your specific situation. Our customized service means that we're often able to repair damaged seals or replace glass panes without replacing the entire window unit.
Contact Glass Doctor of Kingman to arrange for your free consultation. Our experts will work to create an effective solution that saves you money on your energy costs today.