Windshield Repair and Replacement
Time is of the essence when your windshield is damaged. It's vital to have the glass repaired or replaced immediately to ensure you and your passengers are safe on the road. Glass Doctor® of Calgary performs an inspection to determine the best course of action. Our specialists repair minor chips and scratches, but cracks in the glass often indicate that the windshield should be replaced altogether.
A number of variables come into play to determine whether a repair or replacement should be conducted.
- Location: Chips located in your direct line of sight are distracting; replacement is often the best option to ensure your field of vision is not obscured. Cracks along the edge of the windshield spread quickly, lowering your vehicle's structural integrity, so a windshield replacement is the safest choice.
- Size: Cracks in your windshield more than three inches in length are typically beyond repair and should be replaced. If a chip in your windshield exceeds 3/8 of an inch, replacement is also highly recommended.
- Time Span: Small cracks can easily grow into massive fissures over time that can make driving dangerous. Over time, chips in the glass collect dirt and lower the odds of a successful repair.
Glass Doctor of Calgary works with all major auto insurance providers and will take care of your vehicles paperwork.
Cracks or chips in your windshield present a very real danger to you and your family. Contact Glass Doctor of Calgary and allow our seasoned glass experts to repair or replace your windshield today.
In many cases a simple repair can be performed on your windshield. Glass Doctor of Calgary may recommend repair instead of replacement for several reasons:
- Affordability: In contrast to windshield replacement, repairs are much less expensive.
- Convenience: The majority of windshield repairs are finished in less than an hour.
- Insurance Incentives: Since windshield repairs cost much less than complete replacements, insurance companies will likely pay for the repair in full.
- Safety: Our windshield repair service ensures the original equipment of your automobile remains in tact.
- Environmentally Conscious: When windshields are replaced, the broken remnants end up in a landfill. Repairing windshields is an excellent way to help the environment.
When a repair is performed, Glass Doctor of Calgary will first remove any debris from the damaged area. We then drill into the glass to give our repair resin a clean passageway to settle. After our resin is injected into the impacted area, the substance is allowed to cure before being polished. This process guarantees a seamless look for repair.
A damaged windshield, creating an unsafe environment for you and passengers, can drastically compromise the structural integrity of today’s vehicles. Glass Doctor of Calgary follows a set of precise steps when performing windshield replacement so you can return to the road with confidence.
- Your damaged windshield is first removed with extreme care to ensure no damage is done to the bonding surface. This is essential to prevent corrosion or leaks from occurring.
- Our glass specialists will find an OEM (original equipment manufactured) windshield for replacement.
- This windshield is installed in compliance with all Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) procedures.
- We offer our Windshield Protection Plan, which is valid for up to 12 months after your windshield, is replaced. Any cracks, chips or breakage will be repaired free of charge. If it's determined that another replacement must be done, Glass Doctor of Calgary will get it done at no cost to you.