Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
Bathrooms are a retreat. They are the only place where you can truly get away and experience a sense of peace, even if it’s only for a brief moment. With a few simple changes, like replacing a shower curtain with frameless shower doors, you can give the room the ultimate in form and function. When you’re ready for an upgrade, schedule an in-home consultation with Glass Doctor® of Ashland. We offer a variety of options that allow you to customize your space, and a glass specialist will guide you every step of the way.
Planning Your New Shower Doors or Bathtub Enclosures
When you work with Glass Doctor of Ashland, a glass specialist will guide you through the budget, design, installation and maintenance aspects of your project. Before ordering frameless shower doors or a floor-to-ceiling enclosure, the specialist will review different factors to ensure your project is a success. These considerations include:
- The walls, inside and out: Base the shower door or enclosure type on your bathroom’s configuration, the location of studs and the material on the walls. If want to use heavy glass, glass experts may need to install additional studs within the walls.
- Bathroom size: A glass specialist will take precise measurements of your bathroom to ensure that all the components come in the right size.
- Door type: The size of your bathroom may dictate the best type of shower door for your project. If there is plenty of space, frameless shower doors may be a viable option. When space is tight, sliding doors are better.
- Frames: For a bold look, check out the enclosures with frames. For something simpler, frameless shower doors and enclosures are perfect.
- Bathroom ventilation: Good ventilation and airflow is essential to preventing mold growth and moisture damage in a bathroom. Part of having good airflow in this space is ensuring the proper clearance between the ceiling and the top of the enclosure, which a glass specialist will do. Keep in mind that if you want a large enclosure, you may need to install one of Glass Doctor of Ashland’s steam room kits to vent the extra moisture.
- Glass customization: Our shower and tub enclosures come in a variety of tints, textures and patterns. Let your aesthetic preferences and the amount of privacy that you desire be your guide to choosing between custom options.
- Shower head: In the perfect enclosure, the shower head does not spray water outside of it when you open the door. You might need to test different showerheads to find one that best suits the enclosed space.
- Plumbing: If you choose to install a new shower door or tub enclosure during the upgrade, keep the position of the current drain and faucet in mind so you don’t go over-budget unintentionally because of plumbing changes.
Shower Idea Center
Glass Doctor of Ashland has a handful of ideas in the following links to rev your imagination, let you see the different options available and learn more about our process. Show your favorite pictures to the glass specialist during a consultation.
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Ordering and Installation
- Hydrophobic Coating Glass Protectant
New frameless shower doors or a tub enclosure is a great first step toward turning your bathroom into the sanctuary that you deserve. Contact Glass Doctor of Ashland today to schedule your in-home consultation.