Windshield Repair and Replacement
Small cracks, scratches or damage on your vehicle’s windshield are not only unsightly, they’re dangerous. Driving with windshield damage is illegal in all 50 states; auto owners risk a ticket every time the vehicle is driven with a damaged windshield. Glass Doctor® of Fort Worth Metroplex provides windshield repair and replacement services for all types of vehicles, suffering from any type of glass damage. Our experts professionally assess your damage and perform Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) compliant repair or replacement services with speed and accuracy.
Diagnosing the Damage
To determine if your vehicle requires our windshield repair or an entire replacement, the experts at Glass Doctor of Fort Worth Metroplex conduct onsite assessments. Our specialists consider the size, position and age of the damage to determine the best course of action.
- Size and Extent: Small chips, less than 3/8 inch diameter, and cracks, less than three inches in length, are typically handled using our state-of-the-art repair service. Because temperature fluctuations often exaggerate cracks and chips, expanding and increasing the severity of the damage, any damage should be addressed immediately.
- Position: Repair or replacement is determined by the location of the damage. To maintain good structural integrity throughout the pane, repair solutions cannot be performed on cracks and chips located at the edge of the windshield. Any damage in the driver’s line of sight will suffer distortion, so replacement service is considered the safest option.
- Age: Older damage is susceptible to dirt and other debris collection that inhibits effective repair. Waiting to repair small damage will necessitate a complete replacement.
Auto Glass Repair Services
Windshield repair is an effective, desirable, low-cost alternative to windshield replacement; Glass Doctor of Fort Worth Metroplex recommends repair service whenever possible. After employing specialized cleaning techniques, our experts carefully prepare the damaged area and inject top-notch resin to repair the damage. The cured resin is polished, creating a comprehensive seal.
- Convenient, onsite service allows any repair to be conducted according to your schedule and typically, in less than one hour.
- An inexpensive solution, windshield repair is preferable to an entire replacement, and many insurance providers offer complete coverage, often waiving deductibles for this service.
Auto Glass Replacement Solutions
If windshield repair isn’t an option, Glass Doctor of Fort Worth and Denton is able to perform complete replacement services on any vehicle.
Insurance compliant services include:
- Professional removal, designed to maintain the integrity of your vehicle’s paint and bonding surfaces.
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) replacement panes are used, matching the vehicle’s original panes specifications and quality guidelines.
- AGSC compliant adhesives and installation procedures, including safe drive-away periods, are standard practice.
Moreover, all of our windshield replacements receive the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your windshield is damaged or broken within 12 months, our specialists will perform repair services free of charge.
Expert Windshield Care in Fort Worth Metroplex
Make sure that your windshield is road-worthy by contacting the experts at Glass Doctor of Fort Worth Metroplex to schedule your windshield repair consultation today.