Windshield Repair and Replacement
While some windshield repair shops may offer to repair the damage this service is not always the best option. The glass experts at Glass Doctor® of Clinton Township, MI, always have your safety and best interests at heart. While windshield repair is sometimes an option, our glass specialist will fully assess the extent of the damage and recommend the safest solution.
When determining whether windshield repair or windshield replacement is the better option, our specialists will consider the following factors:
- Size of the damage: Cracks that are longer than three inches or that have a width of more than 3/8 inch usually necessitate windshield replacement. This is to ensure that the vehicle's structural integrity is retained to protect you and your passengers.
- Location of the damage: Cracks that make their way to the edge of the windshield are also candidates for windshield replacement because of their tendency to continue to spread. For safety reasons, damage to the glass immediately in front of the driver may also require windshield replacement.
- Time since damage: When there is more time between sustaining the damage and the windshield chip repair, dirt tends to build up and make the repair less successful.
Our glass experts know that cost is an important consideration, and windshield chip repair is a less expensive alternative to replacement. Additionally, insurance coverage may not be available in some instances to help offset this cost. Our glass specialists may recommend windshield crack repair when it is safe to do so because it offers the following benefits:
- Less hassle: Our Glass Doctor of Clinton Township, MI, complete most windshield repair projects in about 30 minutes.
- Less expense: Windshield crack repair is usually only a fraction of the cost of windshield replacement.
- Green alternative: Repairing a windshield has much less environmental impact than removing it and placing it in a landfill.
Our glass experts begin the process of windshield chip repair by removing dirt and other debris that has collected at the damage site. In some cases, our glass specialists may use a drill to create a clean area around the damage and a passage for the resin that is injected to the damaged area. We finish up by polishing the affected area.
In some instances windshield replacement is the only safe option. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), the windshield comprises the majority of a vehicle's structural integrity in a rollover accident. Our specialists only use industry standards that have proven safe and effective when completing all windshield replacement projects.
We begin the process by removing the windshield in a safe manner that prevents damage to the vehicle's paint or the bonding surface. This helps prevent leaks or corrosion that could form if not properly removed. Then, we select a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer quality. We utilize adhesives that are approved by the AGSC during the installation process and let it cure so that a driver will be able to take it safely off the lot.
Windshield Road Hazard Guarantee
At the end of the windshield care process we review our guarantee plans. Our standard guarantee states that we will repair any new chips or cracks free of charge if they occur within 12 months of new installation. The glass is replaced if the windshield is broken in a way that it cannot be repaired. We have additional premium options for an extra cost. Contact Glass Doctor of Clinton Township, MI, today to learn more about our line of services.