Mirrors unique ability to reflect serve several purposes beyond providing a view of yourself. They have become artful decor, a way to maximize space and a tool for directing light. One way to create the ideal mirror for your home is to use a custom solution. Glass Doctor® of Clinton Township, MI, will get your design ideas off the ground.
Mirrors Made Exclusively for Your Space
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
Strategically placed mirrors will amplify and enlarge a cramped space immediately, giving your home a more open and airy feel. Mirrors give the illusion of more space when you place a full-length mirror behind furniture in a cluttered area. You can also place mirrors behind a light source or across from a window. Using mirrors transforms your home in a positive, inviting way. Our specialist will help you select the optimal mirror placement during a complimentary in-home consultation. Consider these options to enhance the feeling of space in a room:
- Mirrored backsplash: Open a cramped kitchen with an easy-clean backdrop that adds a unique element.
- Statement mirrors: Add an art piece to any room with a statement mirror. Top spots include above a mantel or in a dining room.
- Full-length mirrors or mirrored walls: Amplify your entry hall with a large mirror. It's ideal for checking appearance while opening a cramped space.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Mirrors can help highlight treasured art pieces. Custom mirrors can be cut to fit a variety of needs. Whether you plan to retrofit existing furniture with mirrored shelves or fill a frame, you can then use mirrors to magnify your art. Our specialists can cut:
- Mirrored shelves: Show off your art at every angle with mirrored shelves. Retrofit existing furniture or add shelves to a custom built-in.
- Hanging mirrors: Shine a light on art with an ideally placed mirror. It allows art to be viewed from multiple points in the room.
- Framed mirrors: Your mirror can become art when framed with beautiful materials.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
Northern-facing rooms and rooms with small windows often suffer from lack of light. Utilize mirrors to enhance what light you do get. When placed correctly, a mirror can illuminate a room further by expanding natural light. Opt to add mirrors to utilize manmade light sources as well. Rooms that often benefit are:
- Daylight basements
Mirrors Made to Impress
A custom mirror is that perfect final touch. Gather a full-length perspective before you leave the house. Our experts can cut mirrors to blend with your existing decor. Mirrors are also excellent for adding a dash of sophistication. Mirror installation ideas worth considering are: Framed mirrors: Framed mirrors are a great way to match other stylistic choice in your house. Bring together a room with a large framed mirror. Floor-to-ceiling mirrors: Add a floor-to-ceiling mirror in a home gym, closet or entry to get the view you need.
Make Your Own Custom Mirrors
Our specialists will work with you to design and create custom mirrors that reflect your personality and style. Choose from a selection of tints, cuts, edges, finishes and frames that accentuate your home. Contact us today for a free consultation. We promise to deliver exceptional customer service!