Windshield Repair and Replacement
Loose gravel, cracked asphalt and debris on the road are all common causes of cracked and chipped windshields. As cars travel along the road, they stir up these objects and send them flying, sometimes straight into your auto glass. Glass Doctor® of Cleveland offers expert windshield repair and replacement to restore your car and get you back on the road safely.
Fast Windshield Repair
In most cases, a Glass Doctor of Cleveland specialist will make a speedy repair to small areas of damage on your vehicle's windshield. We use three factors to determine whether a repair is possible:
- Size: Chips that are smaller than a quarter and cracks that are shorter than a credit card are repairable.
- Location: Cracks that spread to the edge of your windshield typically cannot be repaired. Any damage that is along a sensor or antenna, in the driver's visual field or so deep it cracks the inner glass usually point to a replacement.
- Timespan: The sooner you seek a windshield repair, the better. Dirt and debris settles into small areas of damage and prevents a successful repair.
Glass Doctor works with all major insurance carriers, handling the insurance filing for you. It is advisable to contact your local agent to verify coverage before having your windshield repaired or replaced.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor today. Our auto glass specialists have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs.
Convenient Windshield Repair
Windshield repair is an inexpensive alternative to windshield replacement that can stop chips and cracks from spreading.
Glass Doctor of Cleveland recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Glass Doctor specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Expert Windshield Replacement
Timely windshield replacement is essential to your safety. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council, a windshield makes up to 60% of the structural integrity in a rollover accident, although the percentage varies depending of the car's make and model. Glass Doctor performs a series of steps to ensure the proper replacement of your windshield.
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid damage to the paint and bonding surface, which can cause leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality is selected for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesives are applied to cars during the windshield replacement.
- The new windshield is replaced following procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is then observed, allowing the adhesive to cure for safe driveaway time.
- We review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which states if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair chips and cracks free of charge. If the windshield is broken beyond repair, Glass Doctor will replace the glass for free!
If your windshield has a small crack or chip, don't wait until it becomes too large for a repair. Visit Glass Doctor of Cleveland, and we'll have your windshield looking like new again. Call or schedule your appointment today!