Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield damage feels like a nuisance, but can be a threat to your safety. The question becomes whether a repair or replacement is the best course of action. While it's normal to want to avoid a costly service, keeping your car structurally sound should always be a priority. Glass Doctor® of Brevard County makes the repair and replacement process easy. Our team of glass experts will help you find out if your service is covered by insurance, and will consider several factors to make sure you get the right windshield solution. We'll look at:
- Size: While there may be a rare exception, typically cracks larger than three inches or chips bigger than 3/8 inch will require a windshield replacement.
- Location: The location of cracks and chips make a difference. Anything that's spider-webbed toward the edges of your windshield, or that affects visibility will most likely result in a replacement.
- Timing: If you've left a chip or crack too long it may result in a replacement. The longer damage goes unaddressed, the more risk of dirt and build up, which can compromise your windshield further.
Glass Doctor of Brevard County will always work to secure you the most affordable solution, but we'll never compromise your safety or that of your occupants. We also work with the majority of insurance carriers, and can assist you in filing a claim for windshield services.
Windshield Glass Repair
Windshield glass repair is a good preventative measure against replacement. Our glass specialists will determine whether a repair suffices. If repair is an option, we can stop chips and cracks from spreading. The benefits of windshield repair include:
- Convenience: Repair often takes less than an hour
- Economical: Repairs cost less than replacements
- Insurance savings: Insurance carriers will usually waive the deductible if you can avoid a windshield replacement
- Environment: Repair keeps excess waste out of landfills
Our glass experts will use the industry's best practices to repair your windshield. Debris is removed, and a special resin is injected using the correct tools. The resin will dry clear, giving your repair a polished finish.
Windshield Glass Replacement
Procrastinating a replacement puts you and your passengers at risk. The Auto Glass Safety Council states that windshields make up around 60% of your structural integrity during a rollover accident. Glass Doctor of Brevard County uses the right steps to ensure proper replacement.
During a replacement, our experts will work to avoid damage to the vehicle's paint and bonding surface. We will select a windshield that matches the quality of the Original Equipment Equivalent (OEE). Our glass specialist will use only Auto Glass Safety Council-approved adhesives, and use their guidelines for replacement. After the windshield is set, it will be allowed to cure for the recommended length of time.
Every customer that has a windshield replacement receives the Windshield Protection Plan. If your new windshield is damaged within a year, we will repair chips and cracks for free. You also get one windshield replacement free within that year.
Don't let your windshield damage keep you from having a safe vehicle. Contact Glass Doctor of Brevard County today to schedule your windshield glass repair or replacement. We are ready to serve you!