Windshield Replacement & Repair in Odessa, TX
If your windshield is damaged, contact Glass Doctor® of Odessa for repair or replacement services. As an integral part of your vehicle’s structural integrity, your windshield must remain strong.
When determining which services are appropriate for your damaged windshield, our specialists consider the following:
- Size: Smaller chips and cracks are more likely repairable, while chips greater than three-eighths of an inch wide generally need replacement services. Additionally, windshields with cracks longer than three inches require replacement in most instances.
- Location: Even small cracks that have spread to the windshield’s edge compromise the structural integrity of your vehicle, which means you will need replacement glass. When cracks or chips fall directly in your vision path, our specialists often suggest replacement instead of windshield repair. This is because the products used for repair may not cure and smooth out perfectly.
- Timeframe: The older the cracks or chips in your windshield, the greater the chance that you will need a replacement. Dirt and other debris accumulate into the fine lines over time, making it virtually impossible to properly repair older damage while maintaining industry standards.
Glass Doctor of Odessa has experience with most insurance carriers. We will perform your windshield repair and replacement services, and file the necessary insurance paperwork for you. Before having service done, we recommend speaking to your insurance agent to verify you have the proper coverage for your broken automobile glass service needs.
Prevent expensive replacement costs with prompt repair of auto glass damage. Repair is preferable in many cases, for these reasons:
- Convenience: In most cases, Glass Doctor of Odessa complete repairs in approximately one hour.
- Economical: The costs of repair are significantly less than replacement services.
- Insurance Advantages: Due to the lessened expenses associated with repair, many insurance providers cover the service and waive the deductible, saving you money.
- Environmentally Responsible: Glass from windshield replacements end up in landfills. Repair prevents that additional mark on your carbon footprint.
Prior to repair, Glass Doctor of Odessa specialists clean the damaged area, removing any debris. Next, a small drill may create a few strategic paths around the damaged area. A specialized tool adheres to the glass surface, and then releases a unique resin compound into the passageways and around the damage. Once cured, the specialist smoothes and polishes the area.
We are proud members of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), because it reflects our dedication to excellent service. The council statistics reflect that more than half of your vehicle’s structural integrity depends upon your windshield. Though there is variation in the percentage depending upon the make and model of the automobile, the windshield is a vital component to passenger safety, and needs proper and timely repair when damaged.
Our specialists remove the damaged windshield, replacing it with Original Equipment Equivalent (OEE) quality glass and AGSC-approved adhesives. Once the job is complete, the specialist observes the safe drive away time for adhesive curing. The new windshield includes a one-year Windshield Protection Plan.
Contact the Glass Doctor of Odessa today for windshield repair or replacement services today!