Home Window Screens
If you’re like most homeowners, you have a love-hate relationship with nature. On sunny, mild days, you love to open your windows and invite in nature’s wonders. But on freezing or sweltering days, keeping nature outside is all you can handle. Window screens let you mediate these two extremes, inviting in the best of the natural world while blocking the worst. Whether you seek to save energy, improve air quality, or make your house more sustainable, a home window screen from Glass Doctor® is the solution.
Window Screen Wisdom
Modern window screens offer a wide range of benefits for your home, namely:
- Savings- Window screens block the sun’s energy on hot summer days, reducing indoor temperatures by up to 9°C. You thus won't have to pay for as much electricity to air condition your home.
- Sustainability- By lowering indoor energy use, you’ll also reduce your contribution to climate change, air pollution, and other environmental issues. Besides being the right thing to do, these efforts may make you eligible for government incentives to encourage sustainability.
- Improved Air Quality- A window screen will keep pollen, dust, and dirt out of your home, allowing you to breathe without trouble.
- Less Mess- Keeping out dirt and dust also means you won’t have to clean as frequently, saving you time and effort.
- Attractiveness- Window screens give your house a complete, consistent look, earning the admiration of your neighbors.
- Reduced Radiation- A window screen will block ultraviolet rays from your home. UV light is hazardous to your health and will cause your paint and furniture to fade, so the less you let in, the better.
- Clarity- A new set of window screens will provide an uninterrupted view of the outdoors, letting in the beauty of the natural world without its accompanying hazards.
Window screens are no mere luxury. Without them, your home is vulnerable to external threats such as:
- Pests- Mosquitoes, flies, and other insects bring diseases into your home, but a window screen will stop them in their tracks.
- Invasion- High-quality window screens repel knives and blunt tools, making it more difficult for burglars to break into your house.
- Impacts- Blunt objects will bounce right off screens, averting damage to your windows.
- Other Threats- Screens are resistant to tearing and ripping from animals, machinery, and other sources of damage.
Homeowners may choose from a wide range of screen types, including:
- Grey and charcoal-colored screens for aesthetic appeal
- Mesh fabric screens for extra protection against outside objects
- Bright screens to allow in as much light as possible while still regulating heat
- Dark screens to prevent the sun from creating a glare on computer and television screens
- Solar screens and sunscreens that keep insects and pollutants out while controlling ventilation
Call For Consultation
Don’t think of a window screen as a purchase; think of it as an investment in the value, efficiency, and sustainability of your home. To schedule a consultation or learn more about the benefits of screens, contact Glass Doctor today.