Windshield Repair and Replacement
A cracked or chipped windshield poses a major hazard to both you and your passengers. When you need top-quality service in a hurry, Glass Doctor® of Lubbock will get the job done right. For more extensive damage, a windshield replacement is often the best solution to protect the integrity of your vehicle and your passengers’ safety.
Following a preliminary inspection, a number of factors are taken into consideration to determine if a repair can be conducted or if a complete replacement of your windshield is needed.
- Location: If the damage to your windshield is obscuring your line of vision when driving, it is often best to invest in a new windshield. Likewise, cracks or fissures near the outer edge of the windshield can become a serious risk and replacement is also recommended in these cases.
- Size: Cracks that exceed three inches in size typically require a windshield replacement. Chips or scrapes that are larger than a penny are dangerous and our specialists will likely recommend windshield replacement instead of repair.
- Elapsed Time: Over time, even the smallest crack can easily grow in size and become a very serious problem. Scrapes, scratches or chips are more difficult to repair properly if too much time has passed.
Glass Doctor of Lubbock works with all major auto insurance providers. We even do all the paperwork for you, saving you time and frustration.
Any damage to a windshield can present real hazards to you and your loved ones. Contact Glass Doctor of Lubbock to get your windshield replaced or repaired by our seasoned glass specialists.
Most minor damage like scrapes or chips can be repaired with ease. Glass Doctor of Lubbock may suggest a quick repair instead of replacement for some of the following reasons:
- Affordability:Repairs are easier on your wallet.
- Convenience: Our glass experts are able to conduct most minor repairs in under an hour.
- Insurance Incentives: Your auto insurance provider will likely waive your deductible for windshield repairs, often paying for the service in full.
- Safety:Keeping your original glass ensures the windshield perfectly fits your car.
- Eco-Friendly:By investing in a windshield repair, you can keep the glass from ending up in a landfill and contribute to a healthier environment.
When conducting a repair, Glass Doctor of Lubbock will clean away debris and dirt from the impacted area before injecting a resin into the crack or chipped glass. The resin cures and is polished to a perfect finish.
Neglecting to have your windshield repaired in a timely manner compromises the infrastructure of your automobile and creates a dangerous driving environment for you and your family. Glass Doctor of Lubbock complies with a set of proven methods to ensure your new windshield will stand the test of time.
First, your old windshield is removed with extreme care so that the bonding surface is not damaged. If damage is done to this area, corrosion or leaks will cause a myriad of issues.
Our team only installs original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts that correspond to your vehicle. Using OEM windshields ensures the glass is a perfect fit between your auto and the replacement windshield.
Every windshield replacement is done in complete compliance with all Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) standards.
Our team of glass specialists is dedicated to providing 100% customer satisfaction and provides a G12® Road Hazard Guarantee that is honored for up to 12 months. If your windshield becomes damaged or breaks within that time frame, Glass Doctor of Lubbock will perform a replacement or repair completely free of charge. Call today to schedule an appointment with our glass specialists!