Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield damage poses a danger to you, your passengers and others on the road. If you fail to obtain windshield chip repair, it makes your car look neglected and old before its time. Of course, visibility is absolutely crucial to a safe drive, but, more importantly, a vehicle’s structure depends upon the windshield for strength and stability. Receive expert windshield care from Glass Doctor® of Livonia, MI today and drive away happy.
Windshield Care Factors
Here are the criteria Glass Doctor of Doctor of Livonia, MI uses to determine your need for windshield repair or replacement:
- Measurement: In most cases, windshield chip repair is impossible when the damage measures more than 3/8 inch or a windshield crack is more than three inches long.
- Region: When auto glass cracks extend to the windshield’s edge, replacement may be the only solution because such cracks tend to splinter further. Windshield chipping or cracking that falls into your direct line of sight won’t respond well to repairs, which may cure with a tiny outline.
- Elapsed time: When windshield chip repair is postponed, road debris accumulates in the crack or chip. This could make repairs impossible, so don't delay.
Many customers with car insurance pay nothing for Glass Doctor of Livonia, MI windshield chip repair. Since we maintain good relationships with auto insurance companies, we’ll handle insurance paperwork to save you time and hassle. Check with your car insurer to verify windshield repair coverage.
Windshield Chip Repair
This convenient alternative to windshield replacement often keeps cracks from spreading and chips from deepening. When it’s safe to do so, Glass Doctor of Livonia, MI recommends windshield chip repair as the better choice because repair is:
- Convenient: We generally complete windshield chip repairs in less than 30 minutes.
- Cost effective: Windshield repair makes more financial sense than replacing your entire windshield for minor damage.
- Covered by many auto insurers: Some car insurance companies pay for windshield repair or waive deductibles.
- Good for the environment: Keeping your windshield in place means it won't go to a landfill.
How We Do It: Windshield Chip Repairs
To assess windshield damage, Glass Doctor of Livonia, MI cleans away road dirt from the windshield chips, which may involve drilling a tiny, smooth cavity, so that repair resin adheres properly. Using an injection device, our glass specialist fills the chipped section with industry-approved windshield resin. To complete the repair, resin is allowed to cure and expertly polished to transparency.
Windshield Replacement Process
Sometimes, only windshield replacement will restore visibility and vehicle front-end integrity. To ensure the best windshield replacement, Glass Doctor of Livonia, MI will:
- Remove your windshield with care to prevent damaging paint and bonding.
- Replace the windshield following procedures recommended by Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality windshield.
- Use top-of-the-line adhesive for windshield replacement.
- Allow adhesive to cure for one hour before drive-away as a safety measure.
Before you drive off, your auto glass specialist will explain the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which covers free windshield chip repair and crack repair if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months. If damage makes safe repair impossible, we will replace the windshield glass for free.
Great Auto Glass Care in Livonia
Windshield care is vital to your safety on the road. Entrust our team with your vehicle and enjoy the best windshield chip repair or replacement services in the area.