Windshield Repair and Replacement
If a crack in your windshield has you wondering if your car needs glass repair or replacement, Glass Doctor® of Jacksonville can provide you the answer. Suited with the best materials and adhesives, our specialists will ensure you and your passenger’s safety. In order to maintain the structural integrity of your windshield, our auto glass experts will determine if windshield repair or replacement is necessary using a few factors.
- Size: Chips larger than 3/8 an inch and cracks longer than three inches, normally require windshield replacement. Our glass specialists will make the best decision to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
- Location: When the chip or crack is located along the edge of your windshield, replacement is the only way to prevent the damage from spreading across your glass. Replacement is also necessary when damage affects your line of vision.
- Timespan: The longer your windshield’s damage is untended, the more difficult the windshield repair will be. Over time dirt and other debris will start building up in the damaged area, ultimately requiring a windshield replacement.
To make this process easier for you, Glass Doctor of Jacksonville files the claim with your insurance. We work with all major insurance companies and carriers; however, we do advise you contact your local insurance agent to verify coverage for windshield repair and replacement services.
Trust Glass Doctor of Jacksonville to provide you with top-notch windshield repair or replacement services.
Learn about the major differences between OEM windshields and aftermarket windshields from the experts.
To prevent chips and cracks from spreading across your windshield, Glass Doctor of Jacksonville recommends windshield repair. Windshield repair is an inexpensive alternative that can be done within an hour.
Glass Doctor recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: A specialist can typically repair your windshield within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Repairing your windshield is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Safety: Repairing your windshield keeps the original factory equipment intact.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
If a replacement is necessary, Glass Doctor of Jacksonville performs a series of steps to properly replace your windshield.
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid damage to the bond surface, which can cause leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching the OEM (original equipment manufactured) quality is selected for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) approved adhesives are applied to vehicles during the windshield replacement.
- The new windshield is replaced following procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is then observed, allowing the adhesive to cure and form a proper seal.
- We review with you our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which states if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months we will repair chips free of charge, and, if it is cracked or broken, Glass Doctor will replace the glass one time for free.