Home Window Tinting
Learn about Glass Doctor’s home window tinting services. We install home window tint film to reduce energy costs, protect your family or furniture from UV rays, and enhance safety or increase privacy for your residential area. Contact your local Glass Doctor® today for fast, affordable home window tinting and window film application services.
What is Residential Window Tinting?
Unlike low-e glass, home window tinting is an after-market product, most often a window film applied to the inside of the existing window. Films of various shades and tints are available to block out just the right amount of light and heat to meet your needs. Applying window tinting will protect your fabrics, carpets and hardwood floors from fading in the sun's rays. Security film fortifies your home and prevents shattered glass from scattering and leaving the window vulnerable. Home window film can benefit homeowners in many ways:
- Enhancing security: Window film forms your first line of defense against threats – natural or manmade. Glass Doctor can install specialized film that strengthens your windows and holds shattered glass in place, should it break. This window addition keeps your view clear, reduces energy costs and protects your home.
- Increasing privacy: Window films may increase your family’s privacy by obscuring the view into your home from the exterior without blocking your view of the outdoors.
- Providing UV protection: Properly installed, high-quality solar window film can block up to 99 percent of harmful UV rays, protecting your family from sun exposure and preventing your furniture from fading.
- Increasing energy savings: Expertly installed window film reduces the transfer of energy into or out of your home, lowering cooling bills in summer and heating bills in winter.
- Reducing glare: A pesky glare can ruin the view from a room. Home window film can reduce glare, allowing you to better enjoy your space.
- Decorating: Window film can also serve a decorative purpose. It’s available in a variety of patterns, colors and textures. Tinted window film can be applied to everything – from exterior windows to glass showers, cabinet doors and tabletops.
Window Tint Levels
There are many different window tint level options. The window tint level right for your home will depend on several factors including where you live, which direction your windows face, and your personal preferences for light blocked. Our local professionals can help you select the one that works best for you and your home.
Home Window Film Installation
Your window film is only as good as its application. It’s imperative that the tint or film is applied smoothly, without ripples or bubbles, to ensure the product’s efficiency and longevity. We recommend working with a Glass Doctor to complete your next residential window tinting project. Glass Doctor locations throughout the US have home window film experts who are ready to help. When you hire Glass Doctor, our local technicians will:
- Assess your family’s needs and provide home window film product recommendations
- Thoroughly clean the interior of the window
- Carefully install the window film
- Trim the window film to fit your window perfectly
- Squeegee and smooth the applied film to ensure a perfect finish
Find Home Window Tinting In Your Area
If you’re looking for expert home window film or home window tinting services, you’ve come to the right place. Our local technicians are eager to help you reduce glare, protect your family and possessions and reduce energy costs with this innovative product.
*Not all Glass Doctor locations offer this service. Contact your local Glass Doctor to learn more.