Windshield Repair and Replacement
Cracks and chips to your windshield are bound to happen, but don’t wait to get them fixed. Glass Doctor® of The Gulf Coast in Gulfport will check your vehicle and quickly determine if the damage will be covered by a windshield repair or if you will require a replacement.
With a few exceptions, we can repair all minor cracks and chips. By going through a checklist of important considerations regarding the damage, our team of auto glass specialists can determine what your options are:
- Size matters: Large cracks extending over 3 inches, and large chips bigger than 3/8 inch, are usually difficult to repair.
- Location is everything: Cracks that have fractured to the edge of the windshield have a tendency to spread. Small damages, which happen to be located in the driver’s direct line of the sight, will also require a replacement, as the repair resin often will leave a minor outline in the damaged area.
- Timespan: Contact us as soon as you discover the damage. Continued use of your vehicle will allow dirt and debris to make a windshield repair increasingly problematic. The longer you wait, the worse it will get. Leave the damage long enough and a repair will be impossible.
Glass Doctor of The Gulf Coast also provides Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) recalibration for radar systems, back-up cameras, and other sensors.
Our specialists will clean the area and, when necessary, drill a clean passageway for the special repair resin. With the help of another tool, which is attached to the surface of the windshield, we will inject the resin. Once it has been allowed to cure, we will polish the repaired area to a clear finish.
When possible, we always recommend a repair over a replacement for the following reasons:
- Convenience: Our team of auto glass experts can perform a typical windshield repair within an hour.
- Budget-friendly: It is the best alternative from an economic perspective.
- Insurance-friendly: An added advantage of windshield repair is that many insurance providers will waive the deductible for you.
- Eco-friendly: A repair is the environmentally responsible option, which will keep your old windshield away from becoming part of another landfill.
Glass Doctor of The Gulf Coast adheres to the guidelines drawn up by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). They have established that in case of a car accident, a properly maintained windshield will claim up to 45-60% of the structural integrity of your car. The exact percentage depends on car model and maker, production year and type of accident.
In order to ensure your safety, we will follow these procedures:
- We begin by carefully removing the damaged glass, while making sure that no damage occurs to the paint or the bonding surface. Done incorrectly, this could cause leaks and subsequent corrosion.
- During the following step, we will select and install a new windshield that is of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality. We guarantee that we will only use adhesives and material approved by the AGSC.
- In order to ensure your safety, we will permit the adhesive at least one hour to cure.
We have a great relationship with all major insurance providers in the U.S. and will handle the paperwork for you. However, before taking care of the insurance filing and beginning the procedure, we strongly suggest that you confirm coverage with your insurance agent.
Don’t let a damaged windshield threaten the structural integrity of your vehicle. Every replacement is backed-up by our G12® Windshield Road Hazard Guarantee, which declares that if it is broken within the first year, we will repair or replace it free-of-charge. Call Glass Doctor of The Gulf Coast in Gulfport today and we will ensure that your windshield is up-to-date.