Professional Windshield Repair & Replacement in Gulfport
Damage to your windshield can occur anytime, from rock chip damage to vehicular accidents. When damage does occur, you must get your vehicle serviced immediately. Glass Doctor® of The Gulf Coast in Gulfport will check your car and quickly determine if your windshield needs to be repaired or replaced.
With a few exceptions, we can repair all minor chips or cracks. By going through a checklist of important considerations regarding the damage, our team of auto service professionals can determine what your options are:
- Size: Large cracks extending over 3 inches and large chips bigger than 3/8 inches are usually difficult to repair.
- Location: Locations play a significant role in determining the best solution for your vehicle. For example, cracks fractured to the edge of your windshield can spread so replacement will be necessary. Minor damage in the driver's direct line of sight will also require replacement, as the repair resin often will leave a minor outline in the damaged area.
- Timespan: Contact us as soon as you discover the damage. Continued use of your vehicle will allow dirt and debris to make a windshield repair increasingly problematic. Leave the damage long enough, and a repair will be impossible.
Expert Windshield Repair
Our service professionals utilize an expert windshield repair process so we can ensure that you can continue to operate your vehicle safely. When you bring your car into our facility for a windshield repair appointment, we will use the following process:
- Clean the damaged area.
- Drill a clean passageway for the special repair resin.
- Inject the resin.
- Once the resin cures, we will polish the repaired area to a clear finish.
When possible, we always recommend a repair over a replacement for the following reasons:
- Convenience: Our team of auto glass experts can perform a typical windshield repair within an hour.
- Budget-friendly: It is the best alternative from an economic perspective.
- Insurance-friendly: An added advantage of windshield repair is that many insurance providers will waive your deductible.
- Eco-friendly: A repair is an environmentally responsible option that will keep your old windshield from becoming part of another landfill.
Glass Doctor of The Gulf Coast adheres to the guidelines of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). They have established that in case of a car accident, a properly maintained windshield will claim up to 45-60% of the structural integrity of your car. The exact percentage depends on the car model and maker, production year, and type of accident.
To ensure your safety, we will follow these procedures:
- We begin by carefully removing the damaged glass while ensuring no damage occurs to the paint or the bonding surface. If done incorrectly, this could cause leaks and subsequent corrosion.
- use adhesives and materials approved by the AGSC.
- We will permit the adhesive to cure for at least one hour to ensure your safety.
- We have a great relationship with all major insurance companies in the U.S. and will handle the paperwork for you. However, before taking care of the insurance filing and beginning the procedure, we strongly suggest you confirm coverage with your insurance agent.
Windshield Protection Plan
Every windshield we replace is backed by our Windshield Protection Plan, which declares that if your windshield is damaged within the first year, we will repair or replace it free of charge. We also offer several upgrades to our protection plan for an additional cost. Upgrading your plan can cover things like labor, adhesives, wiper blades, and Hydrophobic treatment.
Windshield Repair & Replacement Near Me
Don’t let a damaged windshield threaten the structural integrity of your vehicle. Glass Doctor of The Gulf Coast also provides Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) calibration for radar systems, back-up cameras, and other sensors. Call our team today and we will ensure that your windshield is up to date.
FAQs about Windshield Repair & Replacement
How long does a windshield replacement take?
The length of time it takes to complete a windshield replacement will depend on the complexity of the replacement. Your Glass Doctor service professional will provide an accurate completion time after your assessment.
Can I drive immediately after windshield replacement?
At Glass Doctor, we recommend that you wait one hour after the replacement to allow the adhesive to cure. Your Glass Doctor service professional will provide specific instructions after your replacement.