Windshield Replacement & Repair in Central Carolina
The next time you sit behind the wheel of your car, give your windshield some thought, it’s a vital part of your vehicle’s safety equipment. If your windshield is chipped or cracked in Dunn, it’s important to have it repaired or replaced as quickly as possible to ensure the damage doesn’t spread and compromise your car’s structural integrity.
It’s equally important to choose the right company to do the work. A shoddy windshield replacement or repair may not be evident immediately, but it could have devastating effects if you’re in an accident. An improperly installed windshield could pop out when subjected to the force of an accident, putting you and your family at great risk. Put your trust in Glass Doctor® of Central Carolina. Our specialists undergo extensive training in industry best practices and follow the procedures recommended by the non-profit Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) for safe auto glass repair and installation.
Our specialists will come to you and evaluate your windshield’s damage to determine if a safe, lasting repair is possible. We use the following criteria to decide if windshield repair or replacement is the best course of action:
- Size: Generally, the smaller the damage, the greater the chance a repair is possible.
- Location: If a crack has reached the edge of your windshield, a replacement will probably be needed since it’s likely to continue to spread. Since repairs sometimes don’t cure completely clearly, damage interfering with the driver’s field of vision also necessitates a replacement.
- Duration: If you delay in having a crack or chip repaired, dirt and other debris will build up in the damaged area, reducing the possibility of a successful repair.
When a repair is possible, that’s the option our specialists recommend. Service benefits include:
- Savings: Repairing a chip or crack is less expensive than replacing the entire windshield. In fact, many insurer companies will waive your deductible.
- Convenience: Our specialists usually complete repairs in under an hour.
- Environmentally friendly: A repair lets your windshield stay out of the landfill.
When our specialists repair your windshield, they’ll take the following steps:
- Removing debris from the crack or chip so the resin will be able to cling to the site.
- Injecting the resin into the chip or crack.
- Letting the resin cure so your windshield’s strength is restored.
- Polishing your windshield to a clear finish
To ensure a safe windshield replacement in Dunn and other Central Carolina cities, our specialists will follow this procedure:
- Windshield removal: We’ll carefully remove the windshield, avoiding damage to surrounding areas that could cause leaks and corrosion.
- Select quality replacement glass: We only use Original Equipment Equivalent (OEE) replacement glass to ensure your new windshield fits as well as the one that was factory-installed.
- Application of adhesives: We follow AGSC recommendation and choose top-of-the-line adhesives to ensure a lasting replacement.
- Windshield installation: Our specialists careful place your new windshield, aligning the pane so the bond is solid.
- Adhesive curing time: We’ll observe the one-hour time required to make sure the adhesive properly cures.
Windshield Glass Guarantee
We’re so confident in our work that we stand behind every windshield replacement with our Windshield Protection Plan. Included for free, the guarantee covers glass replacement or repair within 12 months.
Don’t trust your windshield to an individual or company that takes shortcuts. Make an appointment with Glass Doctor of Central Carolina, and our mobile unit will respond to Dunn or surrounding cities to make your windshield look and perform as good as new. We’ll even fill out all your insurance paperwork for you, getting you safely back on the road as soon as possible.