Windshield Repair and Replacement
When you require windshield repair or replacement, Glass Doctor® of Brookhaven has the expertise to assist you with high-quality products and services. Allow our specialists to examine and assess the damage.
By following the guidelines for windshield repair and replacement, as outlined by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), our experts will take the following factors under consideration:
- Size - Cracks longer than 3 inches and chips bigger that 3/8 inch, will always require a replacement.
- Location - Even if the damage is relatively small, but located directly in the driver’s line of sight, we recommend that the windshield be replaced. Every repair will leave a slight outline in the glass that may affect your visibility. We also recommend that your windshield be replaced if it has cracks that have fractured to the outer edges of the glass, as these have a tendency to spread uncontrollably.
- Timespan - Don’t hesitate to contact us as soon as the damage has occurred. The longer you wait to have it fixed, the more difficult it will be to perform a successful windshield repair. Leaving the crack unattended for a prolonged span of time will allow for dirt, dust and grime to build up within the damaged area, ultimately making repair impossible.
For your convenience, we have established professional relationships with all the major U.S. insurance providers and guarantee that we will even handle the filling for you. However, before initiating the procedure, we recommended that you first contact your local insurance agent to confirm coverage.
After examining the damage, we will walk you through your options. When possible, a windshield repair is recommended as the more cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative.
Advantages of repair:
- Convenience - We are usually able to service your vehicle within an hour.
- Inexpensive - Repair will always be less expensive than replacement.
- Insurance Benefits - As a consequence of the advantages, many insurance providers will waive your deductibles and pay for the service.
- Eco-Friendly - Do your part. Every windshield repair will keep the glass on the road and away from a landfill.
The procedure to repair a damaged windshield is straightforward, beginning with the removal of dirt and debris. In order to create a clean passageway from the repair resin, our experts are sometimes required to use a drill. Once the area has been cleared, the resin is injected with the help of special tool attached to the windshield. In the final step, the repair resin is allowed to cure and the surface is polished to a clear finish.
The AGSC has established that your windshield is responsible for between 45% and 60% of your vehicles structural integrity, in case of an accident.
After the damaged windshield has been carefully removed, a new windshield is selected, matching the quality of the original equipment manufacturer. We guarantee that we only use materials and adhesives approved by the AGSC. Allowing one hour for the adhesives to cure is recommended for the safety of your passengers. Every replacement is accompanied by our free G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, through which we will repair or replace your windshield for free, if the damage occurs within one year.
Protect the structural integrity of your car. Call Glass Doctor of Brookhaven today and schedule an appointment with our glass experts.