Windshield Repair and Replacement in Sarasota
Although the tiny crack or chip in your windshield may seem insignificant, it can have significant implications. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), your windshield can represent up to 60% of your vehicle's cabin support in a rollover accident. Instead of taking a chance on your safety, trust the experienced experts at Glass Doctor® of Sarasota for precise and safe windshield repair and replacement solutions.
Windshield Repair Versus Windshield Replacement
In determining whether to replace or repair the windshield, the auto glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Sarasota, FL, consider several factors, including:
- When the crack or chip has splintered to the edge of your windshield, it will generally need to be replaced because the crack will continue to spread. If the crack or chip is directly in your line of sight, it will also need to be replaced because it will not be apparent after a repair and could easily hinder your view.
- It's essential to contact Glass Doctor of Sarasota, FL, as soon as you notice any damage to your windshield. Although the crack may be tiny at first, dirt builds up and causes it to spread over time, making it more challenging to perform an effective repair.
- While exceptions exist to every rule, most chips larger than 3/8 inch and cracks more extensive than three inches will require windshield replacement.
At Glass Doctor of Sarasota, we simplify windshield repair. We have working agreements with all the major insurance carriers and take all the hassle out of windshield care. Best of all, we handle all of the claim paperwork for you. However, we suggest you speak to your carrier and verify coverage before we perform any windshield repair or a windshield replacement.
About Windshield Repair
As the preferred method for stopping cracks and chips from spreading, we always try to perform windshield repair first for the following reasons:
- Cost: Repairing your windshield is much cheaper than replacing it.
- Simplicity: Our specialists generally perform windshield repairs in less than an hour.
- Environmental reasons: Windshield repair prevents non-biodegradable glass from being stored in landfills, where it will stay forever.
- Insurance: Most insurance companies waive deductibles and simply pay for the repairs because of the significant economic advantages.
The process of performing windshield repair starts with clearing all the debris from the area. Sometimes, our specialists use a drill to create a fresh passageway for the resin. Then, the resin is injected into the damaged area with a unique tool that ensures a perfect fill. Finally, the resin is cured and polished to a transparent finish.
About Windshield Replacement
Time is of the essence when it comes to windshield replacement. As a result, our experts use the following AGSC procedure to replace your windshields as quickly as possible:
- Meticulously remove the windshield without damaging the bonding surface and paint to prevent corrosion and leaks.
- Carefully match the windshield with a replacement pane similar to the original equipment manufacturer's (OEM) quality.
- Replace the new windshield based on AGSC-recommended procedures with AGSC-approved adhesives.
- Ensure the one-hour drive-away time is observed to allow the adhesive to cure.
Before you drive away, our specialists explain the Windshield Protection Plan, which covers your new windshield for 12 months after installation. Our windshield replacement specialists also provide Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) calibration services to ensure your safety features are functioning correctly.
Windshield Repair and Replacement Near Me
For the most comprehensive and effective auto glass windshield repair and window replacement solutions, contact Glass Doctor of Sarasota, FL, today.
FAQs about Windshield Repair and Replacement
What type of damage can be repaired on a windshield?
Windshield repair can be performed on small ships, bullseye cracks, star-shaped cracks, and combination breaks. Your Glass Doctor service professionals will carefully review the crack and determine if repair is the best option.
How often should I get my windshield inspected?
You should inspect your windshield on a regular basis for any damage. If you notice chips or cracks, bring your vehicle to Glass Doctor of Sarasota for assessment. If you can get your windshield repaired in a timely manner, it can prevent the damage from worsening.