Glass Tabletops & Custom Shelving
Custom glass tabletops instantly update your home's decor, combining beauty with practicality. Used alone on a piece of furniture or an already existing tabletop, they brighten your home and retain their attractive appearance year after year.
Our Glass Expertise is Your Advantage
The specialists at Glass Doctor® of Sarasota provide free consultations to assist you in planning glass tabletops to enhance any room in your home or business. We'll explain your options regarding the shape, thickness, tinting, and edgework detail and ensure that your furniture will safely support the weight and size of the glass you choose. You'll be able to design a truly unique piece that will complement any furniture, from small plant stands to large statement pieces.
Popular Types of Custom Glass Tabletops
The following are some of the most popular types of furniture that our customers design custom glass tabletops for:
- Dining room tables
- Coffee tables
- A do-it-yourself table, such as one made from a trunk or old door
- Writing desks
- Antique furniture
- Patio tables with or without umbrella holes
- Conference room tables
- Waiting room tables
Benefits of Glass Tabletops
Glass tabletops bring a variety of advantages to your furnishings. The following are a few of the benefits you'll get from a glass tabletop:
- Easy to clean: Glass is easy to keep clean and sanitized.
- Draws attention to elements you'd like to highlight: If you have a table with an interesting base or have a beautiful rug underneath the table that you don't want to hide, glass keeps them visible.
- Protects furniture: Wooden furniture is vulnerable to scratches, nicks, condensation rings from glasses, and other damage. Replace a wooden top with glass, or simply cover it for added protection.
- Lightens and brightens: Glass takes up no visual space and makes areas seem lighter and brighter.
- Versatility: Creating a unique tabletop is easy with the variety of choices available. Also, options such as tinted glass (to block the sun's harmful UV rays) or safety glass (to make outdoor glass safer) are available.
Store-bought shelves never seem to suit your needs. Either they're too deep, or not deep enough. They're never quite in the right configuration, so you may have trouble fitting large or bulky items onto them. Custom glass shelving eliminates these issues since they're designed according to your specifications. They also offer the following additional advantages:
- Adding the illusion of additional space: Glass shelving appears to float on the wall, creating a light, airy look for any area of your home.
- Reflecting your personal style: Choose the edgework, color, and tinting you prefer.
- Offering creative options: Use glass shelving to enhance a partition between rooms, in a curio cabinet, or to create additional kitchen storage. Even if glass shelves are placed in front of a window, they won't block the view.
To get started on beautifying your home or office with custom glass tabletops or shelves, contact Glass Doctor of Sarasota today!