No matter how carefully you drive, cracks and chips in your windshield are bound to happen. Whether it's from debris flying off a truck in front of you or small rocks kicked up from the road, sooner or later you'll need to fix your auto-glass.
Glass Doctor® of Prince Edward Island restores your windshield through repair or replacement. Our specialists always recommend repair, when possible, to save you time and money.
Windshield Repair Benefits
Consider these benefits of a windshield repair:
- Save Cash. A windshield repair will cost hundreds of dollars less than a complete replacement.
- Safe and Effective. Windshield repairs are a safe way to stop small chips from becoming big problems.
- High Quality. The glass that is selected for your windshield replacement meets the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
- Environmentally Friendly. Because of the layered materials, windshield glass is difficult to recycle. A repair spares the landfill and our environment.
The good news is that only 25% of all damaged windshields need replacement service. If the crack or chip falls directly in front of the driver, the glass is replaced as the repair can interfere with the driver's vision. Chips larger than the size of a quarter and cracks longer than three inches require individual inspection. It's a good idea to have any areas of damage inspected for repair right away as dirt and debris that settles into chips and cracks prevent a successful repair.
Windshield Repair Process
Our auto-glass experts perform procedures certified by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC):
- First, our specialists remove any debris from the impacted windshield area.
- Then, a special resin is injected into the glass.
- The resin is left to cure, usually taking under an hour.
- Finally, after the resin has cured, we thoroughly polish your windshield to restore clarity.
Many insurance companies cover simple windshield repairs, and the whole process may even be completely free in some cases. Glass Doctor of Prince Edward Island works with all major insurance carriers; however, it is recommended that you contact your local insurance carrier to check your coverage before getting a repair.
When your glass is too damaged for repairs, count on our specialists to replace your windshield quickly and safely. We follow all Auto Glass Safety Council guidelines, use only approved products, and select a windshield matching AGRSS specs.
Before you drive away, we enforce a one-hour waiting period to ensure proper adhesion. While you're waiting, we review our Windshield Protection Plan that gives you 12 months of protection for your windshield replacement.
Don't wait for the cracks and chips to get worse, call or schedule an appointment online with Glass Doctor of Prince Edward Island!