Windshield Repair and Replacement
Your windshield is critical for maintaining the safety and comfort of you and your passengers. A damaged windshield compromises the vehicle's safety and your ability to see the road clearly. In most cases, the glass specialists at Glass Doctor® of Panama City will repair your windshield, but there are certain circumstances under which a full windshield replacement is the only option. Here are the factors that we consider when determining whether you need windshield repair or replacement:
- Crack or Chip Size: Chips wider than 3/8 inches and cracks longer than three inches require replacement. There are a few exceptions, which our glass specialists will identify.
- Damage Location: If damage extends to the edge of your windshield, the structural integrity is compromised - repairing visible damage will not fix the underlying issue, so replacement is required. If the damage is in your line of sight, you need a replacement because visibility would still be distorted after repair.
- The Age of the Damage: Over time, windshield cracks and chips collect dirt. Eventually, the buildup will make it impossible to successfully repair the damage. Repairing windshield chips or cracks immediately after they happen is always the best option.
Our repair solution is designed to prevent cracks and chips from spreading and minimize their visibility. Our specialists will always choose to repair your windshield when it is the safest solution. Windshield repair is:
- Fast: A Glass Doctor of Panama City specialist usually repairs windshields in under an hour.
- Inexpensive: Repairing a windshield is much less expensive than a full windshield replacement.
- Insurance Benefits: Many insurers will cover the entire cost of a repair, including the deductible.
We repair all windshields using our efficient three-step process:
- We thoroughly clean the entire affected area.
- We inject a special resin that fills the damage, stopping it from growing.
- We cure and polish the resin.
If your windshield requires replacement, then you should schedule your service as soon as possible. It is critical for your safety to replace your windshield; during an accident a damaged windshield will absorb less of the crash impact, leaving passengers vulnerable.
Our Four-Step Windshield Replacement Process:
- We carefully remove the windshield.
- We select a windshield that matches or exceeds the quality of the original.
- We use our Auto Glass Safety Council-approved adhesives to install the new windshield.
- The adhesive is allowed to cure for a minimum of one hour.
Our Convenient Process
Glass Doctor of Panama City will work with your insurance company to handle the claim for you. If you plan on having your service paid for with insurance, contact your insurance company to verify coverage.
The Glass Doctor Quality Guarantee
All of our windshield replacements are covered by the Glass Doctor of Panama CityG12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your windshield suffers chips or cracks from wear and tear within the first year, we will repair or replace the glass for free.
Contact Glass Doctor of Panama City for a free consultation at 850-250-3012 or schedule an appointment online today!