Windshield Repair and Replacement
If you windshield has become damaged in any way, receiving expert assistance to solve the issue is imperative. Glass Doctor® of Novi, MI will perform windshield chip repair whenever possible but in some cases a new windshield installation is the safest solution.
Windshield Service Determination
To determine if windshield repair or a new installation is necessary, our glass specialists will examine a few important factors:
- Location: Any cracks in the pane near the edge of the windshield usually merits glass replacement; damage in this area of the windshield will easily spread and become worse. Any chips or fissures in the driver's direct line of sight will not cure clearly when repaired.
- Size: Chips in the glass exceeding 3/8 inch cannot be safely repaired. Likewise, cracks in the windshield bigger than three inches in length require a new windshield installation.
- Timespan: Over time, dirt will collect in the damaged area, which makes successful repair unlikely.
Allow our seasoned specialists to care for you car, truck or SUV's windshield. Our team has years of combined experience and training, so you won't be disappointed with the windshield chip repair and replacement services we provide.
To make windshield care easier for you, our team will enter all insurance claims. Glass Doctor of Novi, MI works with the nation's biggest auto insurance providers.
Repairing small cracks or chips is often an excellent option for most damage. Glass Doctor of Novi, MI will recommend repair instead of replacement for a variety of reasons:
- Affordability: Performing windshield chip repair takes much less time and is less expensive than installing a brand new windshield.
- Convenience: When it's possible to safely repair the windshield, our glass specialists will complete the job quickly, usually within 30 minutes time.
- Good for the Environment: When windshields are replaced, the old glass ends up in a landfill where it will remain indefinitely. Repairing a windshield is a much more eco-friendly option.
- Insurance Incentives: Auto insurance providers are much more inclined to waive the deductible on windshield repairs than new installations, saving you money.
Glass Doctor of Novi, MI will first clean the damaged area of your windshield of any dirt or debris. Sometimes a drill will be used to create a smooth passage in which our repair resin will be injected. Following the injection of our resin, the material is allowed to cure before our specialists polish the area.
If our team advises you to replace your windshield, time is certainly of the essence. In fact, the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) estimates 60% of most vehicles’ structural integrity depends upon the strength of the windshield in a rollover accident. To replace your windshield properly, our specialists follow a consistent set of protocols.
First we remove the windshield with care, ensuring no damage is done to the bonding surface or paint. Corrosion or leaks are caused by improper replacement. Our team will install a pan matching the Original Equipment Equivalent (OEE) glass. The pane is attached with adhesives approved by the AGSC.
We promise to follow all AGSC procedures when replacing your glass. After installation, we allow the pane to cure for an hour, which ensures a solid bond.
All windshield replacements are protected with our Windshield Protection Plan. If any damage to your windshield occurs within 12 months, Glass Doctor of Novi, MI will perform repairs or replacement free of charge. Ask our specialists to apply a coat of Hydrophobic glass protectant to shield your new panes from scratches and weather stains.
Contact Glass Doctor of Novi, MI over the phone or fill out a quick service request online for immediate assistance!