Windshield Repair and Replacement
Glass Doctor® of North Vancouver will help you determine whether to repair or replace a damaged windshield. In deciding whether your windshield can be repaired, or requires replacement, Glass Doctor considers the following factors:
- Size: Chips larger than one centimetre, and cracks more than seven centimetres in length, generally require windshield replacement.
- Location: Chips directly in the line of vision normally require replacement since repairs generally do not cure clearly, creating potentially dangerous disruptions in your line of vision. In addition, a crack near the edge of your windshield typically requires replacement due to the likelihood of it spreading.
- Timespan: Overtime, dirt can accumulate in chips and cracks making a successful repair more challenging.
While Glass Doctor can repair most chipped windshields, a crack in your windshield typically necessitates replacement to protect the structural integrity of your car, and the safety of passengers. The glass specialists at Glass Doctor of North Vancouver have the skills and experience to address your windshield replacement and repair needs.
In addition, Glass Doctor of North Vancouver is an approved Glass Express shop - customers can have their windshield claims processed without a separate call or visit to ICBC.
At Glass Doctor of North Vancouver, our preference is always to repair your windshield compared to the more expensive option of windshield replacement. Advantages of windshield repair over windshield replacement include:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor’s specialists typically perform windshield repairs within one hour.
- Cost: Windshield repair is far less costly than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance: Because windshield replacement is a much more expensive alternative, insurance companies like ICBC will waive your deductible and pay for windshield repair.
- Safety: The windshield is an important element of your car’s safety system. Glass Doctor of North Vancouver’s repairs will restore your vehicle, keeping the original factory equipment intact.
- Environment: We live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, known around the world for its natural beauty. Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, and helps protect our environment.
To properly repair your windshield, a specialist will first remove debris from the damaged area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. Afterwards, a special resin is injected into the impacted area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. The resin is cured to restore the strength and integrity of the windshield, and finally polished to a clear finish.
According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™, a windshield can comprise up to 60% of your vehicle’s structural integrity. This fact becomes very significant in a rollover accident. Thus, timely windshield replacement is essential to you and your family’s safety. Glass Doctor of North Vancouver follows a standardized process to ensure every replacement meets our exacting standards.
- A specialist carefully removes the windshield, avoiding damage to the bonding surface, which can cause leaks and corrosion.
- Only windshields matching the OEM (original equipment manufactured) for quality are installed.
- The new windshield is replaced following procedures recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), including the uses of approved adhesives. In addition, the recommended one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is observed, allowing the adhesive to cure and form a proper seal.
- With our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair chips free of charge, and if it is cracked or broken, Glass Doctor of North Vancouver will replace the glass free of charge.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.