Windshield Repair and Replacement
Don't drive around in a cracked, chipped or damaged windshield. The distraction is stressful and unnecessary! Glass Doctor® of Delaware is well versed in repairing and replacing all types of vehicle windshields. We will assess the damage and then provide our best recommendation.
There are few key factors that Glass Doctor of Delaware auto specialists take into consideration when evaluating windshield damage.
- Location: When there is a crack that has spread to the edge of the windshield, generally you'll have to get the windshield replaced to prevent further spreading. Most repair jobs don't cure fully, which means that you're left with an outline at the repair site. As such, cracks and chips directly in your field of vision also require complete replacement.
- Size: Typically a chip larger than 3/8 inch and a crack three inches or longer requires a full replacement to ensure optimal safety for the vehicle's occupants.
- Timespan: The more time you neglect a chipped or crack windshield, the more dirt and other debris builds up in the glass. When a glass specialist deems they can't complete a successful repair job, you'll have to get the whole windshield replaced, which is more expensive.
When it is possible to do so, Glass Doctor of Delaware will repair a windshield. A repair offers several advantages:
- Cost: You'll spend less money on a windshield repair because you don't buy a windshield pane for replacement.
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Delaware is able to finish most windshield repair jobs in under an hour on location.
- Insurance: As a windshield repair is less expensive, many insurance companies forgo the deductible and cover the full windshield repair.
- Environment: Repairing a windshield means that there is one less windshield that ends up in a landfill.
Leaving a damaged windshield to fester for weeks or even months at a time puts you and your passengers at a much higher risk of getting hurt in an accident. Glass Doctor of Delaware takes the following steps to guarantee that your new windshield is installed properly.
- Our specialists take off the old windshield with care to prevent damage to the bonding surface and paint, which can lead to corrosion and leaks.
- We select a new windshield that is on par with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality.
- We only use adhesives that the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) has approved.
- We adhere to AGSC procedures for the replacement process, which includes waiting one hour for the adhesive to dry before the owner drives the vehicle again.
Glass Doctor of Delaware offers a G12® Windshield Road Hazard Guarantee to Newark residents. If your new windshield gets damaged within the first year, we'll repair cracks and chips or replace the windshield pane at no cost to you.
Glass Doctor of Delaware works with all major insurance carriers in the greater Newark area. Contact your agent to confirm your coverage before you take your vehicle in for a windshield repair or replacement. From there, we'll handle all of the insurance paperwork.
The Experts in Windshield Care
When you're facing a windshield repair or replacement, you don't want to put off the work. The longer you wait, the more likely you will need a total windshield replacement. Get a Glass Doctor of Delaware glass specialist in Newark to take care of the issue as soon as possible. Call us at 302-444-8529 or fill out an online request form, and we'll set up an appointment right away.