Windshield Repair and Replacement
Put your damaged windshield in the hands of Glass Doctor® of Murrieta. Our experienced specialists make your safety our number one priority by carefully reviewing the details of the damaged area before confirming the need for windshield replacement or repair service.
Factors Influencing Windshield Repair
- Size: Typically, windshields with cracks longer than three inches and chips wider than 3/8 inch must be replaced. Nevertheless, our specialists use this as a guideline and perform repairs whenever possible.
- Location: Repair outlines may compromise your safety. Chips or cracks in front of the driver demand windshield replacement. For continued satisfaction, we also replace windshields with cracks along the edge. These tend to continually crawl across the glass.
- Duration: Neglecting your windshield repair results in dirt and debris entering the damaged area. Act quickly before these complications make repair impossible.
Prepare for windshield replacement and repair by first discussing coverage with your insurance agent. After, we’ll receive your car, perform quick, necessary service, file your insurance and send you on your way. Serving Murrieta, Riverside, Corona and the surrounding areas, Glass Doctor of Murrieta readily awaits you and your vehicle.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor today. Our auto glass specialists have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs.
Why Windshield Repair?
Our specialists are familiar with the many advantages of windshield repair. It remains ideal for manageable chips and cracks for the following reasons:
- Speed: Expect your windshield repair to be completed in under an hour.
- Price: Avoid a costly replacement and the worry of damaging a brand new windshield.
- Coverage: Many insurance companies appreciate affordable windshield repair and pay in full.
- Conservation: Windshield repairs prevent excess glass from entering landfills.
Our thorough specialists won’t repair your windshield before cleaning the damaged area. This allows the injected repair resin to completely fill chips and cracks. Before sending you back on the road, we cure and polish the resin to a see-through shine.
Professional Windshield Replacement
The safety of you and your passengers necessitates professional windshield installation. In the event of a rollover, a windshield comprises 60% of your car’s durability. Fortunately, our specialists perform perfect replacements with a three-step process:
- Removal: We prevent paint and bonding surface damage by carefully discarding your damaged windshield.
- Selection: We refer to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in order to pick the perfect windshield pane for replacement.
- Installation: Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) installation procedures guide our installation process. As a result, we secure your new windshield with AGSC-approved adhesives. After these dry, you’re ready to hit the road.
Expect your windshield to be repaired or replaced at no cost if it’s damaged within one year of our replacement. Glass Doctor of Murrieta promises this in our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. Contact our team by phone or complete an online service request for reliable and professional assistance.
Questions To Ask When Shopping For A Windshield
Q: What kind of windshield will you be quoting? Is it an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) quality windshield?
A: At Glass Doctor of Murrieta all our glass meets OEM quality standards! If the windshield is not OEM quality it may be considered aftermarket and may not meet the safety standards recommended by the automobile manufacture. These standards include glass thickness, thickness of the interlayment, and proper curves just to name a few.
Q: What is the urethane your company uses? Is it a complete set?
A: A complete set means a system that is provided by the manufacture that includes glass cleaner, primer and urethane that are all designed to work together. Picking a product from one system and using it with another can cause problems with the chemical compounds and may not hold securely.
At Glass Doctor of Murrieta we have you covered! We use Dow BETASEAL Express complete set which includes glass cleaner, primer and urethane adhesives.
Q: Are your techs certified by AGRSS? Are they experienced?
A: At Glass Doctor of Murrieta, our AGRSS certified technicians have been installing windshields for more than 20 years!
Q: Is your store location certified by AGRSS?
A: Glass Doctor of Murrieta is certified! Come on by anytime!
Q: How long do I have to wait before I'm able to drive away after my windshield has been installed?
A: Safe drive away time for BETASEAL Express is 1 hour after the new installation has occurred. Remember urethane products differ dramatically anywhere from 1 hour to 26 hours before it has cured enough to be considered safe.
Q: What is your guarantee?
A: At Glass Doctor of Murrieta we offer our G-12 Breakage Guarantee! This guarantee provides you 12 months of breakage coverage against road hazards, free windshield chip repairs for a full 12 months, and replacement windshield glass should it not be repairable! Give us a call or visit our shop to learn more!