Expert Door Closer Repair Service
The moment a new customer walks up to your business, he forms a first impression of the company unconsciously. A custom glass door in good working order increases the chances of the customer forming a positive first impression. The best way to keep your commercial doors operating safely and protect customers and employees is to hire Glass Doctor of Murrieta for all your door closer care needs.
How do door closers work?
A manual door closer allows you to easily operate a door by eliminating the need to physically close the door behind you. When a closer is installed properly, the user feels a level of resistance appropriate for the weight of the door. Once the user experiences this initial resistance, the door moves open smoothly. The closer spring activates the arm to close the door smoothly after the user lets go of the door handle.
How do I know my door closer needs repair?
Commercial doors can have a variety of wear. When maintenance is not properly followed a number of issues will arise:
- Incorrect types of door closers: The heavier the door, the stronger the door closer and closer spring. If you install the wrong type of closer or spring, it can cause the spring, door, or person using the door to become misaligned or injured.
- Improperly installed and adjusted door closers: The experts at Glass Doctor of Murrieta have ample experience in commercial door closer care. Our team uses the proper tools to install and maintain closers, keeping them in good working order and extending their lifespan. Hiring an experienced door closer specialist for your door closer maintenance and spring adjustment is key for preventing:
- Damage to the door frame, spring or door closer
- Unusual or unexpected door movements
- Seal repairs and low oil levels: Broken seals expose clearance gaps, which often result in lubricant leaks and leave hardware susceptible to damage. An oil leak typically means that there is a problem with the door closer, such as failed seals, a missing screw, or broken O-rings. When the oil level gets low, have a professional replace it in a timely fashion. If you don't lubricate a door closer, it may open or close too quickly and hurt the door or someone using it.
- Difficult to lock doors: A door that's tough to lock increases the risk of theft and vandalism for an office or retail store. It also compromises the door closure, locking mechanism and door frame.
Commercial Door Closer Care Near Me
Hiring an inexperienced individual to repair your door closer may void your warranty. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Murrieta have extensive training in installing, repairing and maintaining door closures. We also offer assistance with door frames, thresholds, hinges, glass and other door components.
Schedule an on-site consultation today. While at your establishment we can check your doors and windows to ensure your working environment is operating at optimal levels.