Windshield Repair and Replacement
Ignoring a chip or crack in your windshield compromises your safety and increases the risk of the damage worsening. Your vehicle’s windshield is your front line of defense against road hazards, extreme weather and collision dangers. Call Glass Doctor® of South Bend, IN for quality, dependable service when you need prompt windshield chip repair.
Windshield Care Determination
Our experts quickly determine whether the damaged windshield glass is repairable or requires complete replacement by considering the following variables:
- Size: Typically, cracks longer than a credit card and chips bigger than a dime require windshield glass replacement although there are occasional exceptions.
- Location: A chip or crack that falls directly in the driver’s line of vision requires replacement instead of windshield chip repair. If a crack has splintered to the edge of the windshield, the integrity of the glass may be compromised and therefore, calls for replacement.
- Age of Damage: Leaving a damaged windshield unaddressed increases the likelihood of dirt and residue accumulating in the affected area, making it more difficult to ensure a proper repair and often leading to complete windshield replacement.
When possible, Glass Doctor of South Bend, IN performs windshield chip repair instead of replacement to save you both time and money. Our expert repair services prevent chips and cracks from spreading and worsening. The advantages of repair over replacement include:
- Economical Choice: Windshield repair costs much less than complete replacement.
- Convenience: Most repairs are performed in about an hour so you’re back on schedule before you know it.
- Insurance: Most insurance companies prefer repair instead of replacement because of the cost savings and may even waive your deductible for the repair.
- Eco-Friendly: Windshield repair keeps your auto glass in place instead of in a landfill!
The repair process involves our specialists removing any debris from the crack or chip before injecting the repair resin. Once filled, the area is cured and polished to a clear finish leaving you with a windshield that’s ready to face the road once again.
We take your safety and satisfaction seriously and proudly adhere to industry standards for windshield replacements. Our experts carefully remove the damaged windshield taking complete care not to damage any painted areas or bonding surfaces. Once the area is clean, we install your new windshield using only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality glass and Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) techniques and approved adhesives to ensure the integrity of the replacement. For your safety, a one-hour cure time is required after the installation.
Each complete windshield replacement comes with our Windshield Protection Plan, which covers repairs and one replacement glass during the 12-month period following your replacement. For added protection that also covers labor and installation materials, ask about our Future Installation option and Full Service Plan.
We work with all major insurance companies and are happy to handle the insurance paperwork for you. Check with your carrier to verify your coverage before your windshield repair or replacement.
Let Glass Doctor of South Bend, IN take care of your windshield worries today so you can get back to what’s important. Give us a call or click to schedule your appointment now.