Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your windshield becomes damaged or breaks, Glass Doctor® of Middletown NY will restore your pane's clarity or replace it altogether. Our specialists are able to repair the majority of small chips and cracks, but to ensure the safety of all passengers, extensive damage calls for a new windshield installation.
Windshield Repair Factors
In order to determine whether your windshield should be repaired or replaced, Glass Doctor of Middletown NY will take several factors into consideration:
- Size of damage: Cracks exceeding three inches in length or chips bigger than 3/8-inch requires that the windshield be replaced.
- Location of damage: Cracks or chips located at the edge of the windshield have a greater likelihood of spreading while damage obscuring the driver's line of sight are equally dangerous, often requiring a new windshield installation.
- Time elapsed: Windshield damage will only become worse as time goes by, making it more difficult to perform a successful repair.
To expedite windshield glass replacement, Glass Doctor of Middletown NY will take care of all insurance paperwork for you. However, it's a good idea to get in touch with your insurance provider prior to receiving glass repair or replacement services.
Windshield damage greatly undermines the structural integrity of your vehicle and poses a significant hazard to loved ones. Get in touch with our glass specialists today to receive industry-leading windshield glass replacement services today.
Performing glass repair is the more cost effective solution and our specialists will choose this option over a new installation if possible. Glass Doctor of Middletown NY will choose to repair your panes for several for reasons, including:
- Affordability: A repair is much less expensive than investing in a new windshield.
- Convenient: Our specialists complete most windshield glass repairs in less than a half hour.
- Insured: Most insurance providers are happy to cover the costs of windshield repair.
- Eco-friendly: Old windshields end up in a landfill and never decompose. Repairing your windshield helps the environment.
When performing a repair, Glass Doctor of Middletown NY will first carefully clean away any dirt or loose material from the damaged site. In some cases a drill is used to create a clean cavity, which the repair resin can be injected. Once injection is complete, the resin is given time to cure and our specialists polish the area to restore clarity.
It's essential to address windshield damage the moment it arises. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) estimates 60% of a vehicle's structural integrity relies on the windshield in a rollover accident. Our glass specialists take great care to replace windshields according to the strict standards of the industry. Our specialists are dedicated to bringing consistent and professional craftsmanship to every windshield installation.
- The windshield is removed with great care so no damage occurs to the paint or bonding surface. Any damage could lead to corrosion or possible leaks.
- Our specialists locate an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) windshield that matches your vehicle.
- Adhesives that have been approved by the AGSC are used and all procedural standards put forward by the AGSC are carefully followed.
- A one-hour drive away time ensures the bonding material has properly set.
- One of our specialists discusses with you the G12 Road Hazard Guarantee. This warranty will protect your windshield for up to one year, covering the cost of repair or replacement.
Don't put off fixing a damaged windshield another day. Call Glass Doctor of Middletown NY today for the best windshield glass replacement services available or fill out a fast service request online.