A damaged windshield is cause for immediate action. Do not put off windshield repair, because doing so creates safety issues that go far beyond limiting your field of vision, including a loss of up to 60% of your vehicle’s structural integrity. Glass Doctor® of Mat-Su Valley is ready to perform windshield repair or complete replacement, and we will schedule the repairs around your schedule and at your location.
Factors for Repair Consideration:
We will always look at the feasibility of repair before performing a full windshield replacement. The three primary factors used to determine whether your windshield must be replaced are size, position and the age of damage.
- Size: If the length of the crack is more than three inches, or the chip is larger than the size of a quarter, the windshield damage cannot be repaired.
- Location: if the crack reaches the outer edge, or the chip is directly in front of the driver position, windshield repair will not be suitable.
- Age of damage: Putting off windshield repair can result in a complete replacement because dirt and other contaminants coat the damaged area and prevent bonding agents from allowing a lasting repair.
During the windshield repair process, our windshield glass specialist will clean the damaged area, use a special resin to fill the crack or chip, and allow it to set and polish the surface to a smooth, clear finish.
There are many benefits to repairing your windshield instead of replacing:
- Cost: A windshield repair cost significantly less than a replacement.
- Insurance Benefits : Many insurance companies will pay the full cost of windshield repair as well as waiving the deductible. Verify the coverage and have your insurance information ready when your glass specialist arrives.
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Mat-Su Valley will meet you at your home, place of work, or any other location and repairs will be completed in about 30 minutes.
- Environmentally Conscious: Glass is not biodegradable and will sit in landfills for years to come. Repairs will stop the demand for new materials and stop glass from piling up in landfills.
We follow strict industry best practices for windshield replacement, including precautions to prevent scratching or damaging your vehicle. We only use materials meeting the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS), matching the new windshield to the vehicle specifications. Bonding adhesives adhere to the standards of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), and resist leaks and corrosion while maintaining a high-quality seal. The entire procedure follows industry best practices as laid out by the AGSC, including the one-hour curing time before the vehicle can be operated.
While allowing the adhesives to cure, your glass specialist will explain the Windshield Protection Plan, the special warranty we provide as part of every windshield replacement. Schedule an appointment or call Glass Doctor of Mat-Su Valley to schedule your windshield repair today!