Windshield Repair and Replacement
A damaged windshield presents a significant safety risk. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), up to 60% of the structural integrity of your vehicle is generated by the windshield. Even small cracks and chips are able to diminish the reliability of your vehicle in a collision or a roll over. Therefore, fixing damages immediately is paramount for maintaining occupant safety.
Glass Doctor® of Grand Rapids, MI, understands drivers needs and has built a reputation for delivering auto glass solutions that meet those requirements. Using industry best practices and manufacturing guidelines, our auto glass experts provide windshield repair and replacement services that are guaranteed to meet safety standards. Indeed, our number one priority is restoring your windshield through a conscientious, affordable repair, but if a complete replacement is necessary, we’ll make the process as easy and painless as possible.
Windshield Repair Service Guidelines
For small windshield chip repair, our specialists are able to deliver onsite service, usually in under an hour. However, minor issues like surface cracks and chips must be gauged for suitability. This affordable alternative to complete replacement involves injecting a resin that bonds with your windshield’s glass and cures to specified strengths. Our glass professionals prepare the damaged area by cleaning and creating an insertion point for the specialized epoxy resin, and then polish the surface of the area.
- The size of the damage: Typically, cracks that are less than three inches and chips that are smaller than 3/8 inch in diameter can be repaired.
- The location of the damage: As long as the damage isn’t located near the edges of the windshield or directly in the driver’s line of sight, windshield repair is possible.
- Age: Excessive dirt build up in the area has the ability to prevent proper repair techniques. The earlier you address the problem, the more likely you’ll be able to take advantage of the inexpensive alternative windshield repair provides.
For reasons of convenience, cost and environmental concerns, we always strive to conduct repair services if possible.
If your windshield is damaged beyond the scope of a repair, our replacement services provide restoration solutions that will have you back on the road in no time. Using industry approved techniques our professional auto glass experts conduct replacements through a series of well-defined steps that ensure accuracy.
- The damaged windshield is removed with special care to prevent harming the paint or bonding surfaces, and your new windshield is selected according to your vehicle’s original equipment design.
- ASGC-approved adhesives and installation guidelines are utilized to secure the new windshield in a controlled environment, and a minimum one-hour drive time away time is observed to allow for proper curing.
Each new windshield replacement is backed by our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which covers the cost of unlimited repairs within the first year and includes a one-time glass replacement, if required. We also offer upgraded programs that include labor charges and other protections designed to prevent you from incurring future costs.
Moreover, many windshield replacement and repairs are covered by your auto insurance, and we work with your company or agent to process the paperwork so that your service costs are covered.
Find out more about the extensive auto glass services we offer by contacting Glass Doctor of Grand Rapids, MI today to schedule your free consultation.