Windshield Repair and Replacement
A damaged windshield presents a significant safety risk. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), up to 60% of the structural integrity of your vehicle is generated by the windshield. Even small cracks and chips can diminish the reliability of your vehicle in a collision or a rollover. Therefore, fixing damages is paramount for maintaining safety.
Glass Doctor® of Grand Rapids, MI, understands drivers needs and has built a reputation for delivering auto glass solutions that meet those requirements. Using industry best practices and manufacturing guidelines, our auto glass experts provide windshield repair and replacement services that will help keep you safe. Our number one priority is restoring your windshield through a conscientious, affordable repair. But, if a complete replacement is necessary, we’ll make the process as easy and painless as possible.
Windshield Repair Service Guidelines
For windshield repair, which is the affordable alternative to a complete windshield replacement, our professionals inject a resin that bonds with your windshield’s glass and cures to specified strengths. Our glass experts prepare the damaged area by cleaning and creating an insertion point for the specialized epoxy resin and polishing the area’s surface.
- The size of the damage: Typically, chips that are smaller than 3/8 inch (25 mm) in diameter can be repaired.
- The location of the damage: As long as the damage isn’t located near the edges of the windshield or directly in the driver’s line of sight, windshield repairmay be possible.
- Age: Excessive dirt build up in the area can prevent proper repair techniques. The earlier you address the problem, the more likely you’ll be able to take advantage of the inexpensive alternative windshield repair provides.
For reasons of convenience and cost, we always strive to conduct repair services if possible.
If your windshield is damaged beyond the scope of a repair, our replacement services provide replacement solutions that will have you back on the road in no time. Our professional auto glass experts conduct replacements using industry-approved techniques through a series of well-defined steps that ensure accuracy.
- The damaged windshield is removed with special care to prevent harming the paint or bonding surfaces, and your new windshield is selected according to your vehicle’s original equipment design.
- ASGC-approved adhesives and installation guidelines are utilized to secure the new windshield in a controlled environment, and a drying time is observed to allow for proper curing.
New windshield replacements are backed by our Windshield Protection Plan, which covers the cost of unlimited repairs within the first year and includes a one-time glass replacement if required. We also offer upgraded programs that include pre-payment of labor charges and other protections designed to help prevent future costs.
Moreover, some windshield replacements and repairs are covered by your auto insurance, and we work with your company or agent to process the paperwork .
Find out more about the extensive auto glass services we offer by contacting Glass Doctor of Grand Rapids, MI today to schedule an appointment.