Windshield Repair and Replacement
You know a windshield chip could spider-out to a big problem that can’t be repaired. If you’ve suffered windshield damage, get in touch with Glass Doctor® of Grand Blanc, MI, and we’ll assess the damage at no charge.
Whenever possible, we strive to restore your windshield with windshield crack repair, not replacement. It’s the right choice for your wallet and Michigan’s landfills. When we assess your damage, we look for:
- Size: If the chip is larger than 3/8 inch or the crack is longer than three inches, that’s an indicator windshield replacement, not repair, will be necessary.
- Location: If a crack has already splintered to your windshield’s edge, replacement is almost a necessity. Remember, there are lines and antennas integrated into your vehicle’s windshield that should not be compromised.
- How long the damage existed: The longer you wait, the more likely it is you’ll need windshield replacement, not repair.
There’s just no sense putting you and your passengers at risk; a windshield crack threatens your safety and the integrity of your vehicle’s construction. Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI, professionals have the expertise to quickly evaluate what’s best for your vehicle glass.
We recommend you connect with your insurance provider to verify coverage before having your windshield repaired or replaced. Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI, will handle all insurance paperwork for you.
If you act quickly and diligently, Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI may be able to recommend windshield crack repair. Repair is a safe, inexpensive option to stop cracks and chips from spreading. We prefer repair over replacement because it’s:
- Convenient: Windshield repair typically takes about 30 minutes.
- Cost-effective: Windshield repair is the economical choice.
- Insurance-positive choice: Many insurance companies will waive your deductible if you have your windshield professionally repaired.
- Ecologically better: Repairing your windshield is the best choice for our environment.
Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI, windshield repair professionals will clean the windshield area after removing debris and dirt that may have accumulated in the racked or chipped area. A resin is injected into the damage site after the area is clean. Once it’s cured, the repair area of the windshield is polished to a clear finish. Visually, you’ll never know the crack or chip was ever there!
Your windshield is critical to your safety. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) says, depending on your make and model, your vehicle’s windshield provides almost 60% of your car’s structural integrity during a rollover accident.* When windshield replacement is necessary, Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI follows a series of safety steps to properly replace your windshield.
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid damage to the car’s paint and dash bonding surface.
- A new windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality specific to your vehicle will be installed.
- Only AGSC-approved materials and processes are used during your windshield replacement
- To allow the adhesive material to cure completely, you will need to observe the recommended one-hour drive-away time for safety.
Be sure to review your G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. This guarantee ensures if your windshield is damaged again within 12 months, we will repair chips and cracks or replace the broken windshield free of charge. The replacement service does not cover material and labor costs. Many clients opt for the G12 Future Installation Option, which includes labor and installation materials.
Windshield crack repair or replacement is not a hassle when you call 810-637-5598 or contact Glass Doctor of Grand Blanc, MI.