Windshield Repair and Replacement
A cracked or chipped windshield poses a safety risk to you and your passengers. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ estimates as much as 60% of a car's structural integrity strength comes from the windshield. Luckily, drivers of Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and Pompano Beach have Glass Doctor® of Fort Lauderdale to turn to for windshield repair and replacement. Our glass experts specialize in auto glass repair and replacement for cars of every make and model.
Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale offers quick, high-quality repairs at non-budget busting prices. Plus, most insurance companies will cover the cost of a windshield repair without collecting a deductible. Industry experts suggest up to 75% of windshield damage can be repaired rather than replaced if the damage is dealt with swiftly. There are four main factors that our specialists use to determine if a windshield is repairable:
- Location. Any damage that is in the driver's line of vision usually calls for a replacement. Cracks and large chips that are too close to the edge of the glass tend to spread and often require replacement as well.
- Fixtures. Some windshields have radio antennas and other sensors embedded into the glass. If the damage is over any of these fixtures, the glass usually must be replaced.
- Size. In most circumstances, cracks less than three inches and chips that are less than 3/8 inch, approximately the size of a dime, are good candidates for repair.
- Age. If you bring your windshield in immediately after damage occurs, it is more likely to be successfully repaired. The longer you wait, the more likely you'll face replacing the glass entirely. Dirt and debris settle into chips and cracks and compound the damage or prevent a successful windshield repair.
Once we determine that your windshield is repairable, a Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale specialist will clean the damaged area and apply a special resin to the crack or chip. Once this resin has cured, the glass is buffed to a clear finish.
Your windshield plays an important role when it comes to the safety of the passengers in the vehicle, especially in the event of an accident. All Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale specialists strictly follow Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS®) guidelines to ensure your replacement is safe.
- We remove the damaged windshield carefully, so the bonding surface remains intact.
- Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale carefully matches each windshield using OEM (original equipment manufacturer) specifications.
- We apply AGRSS-approved bonding agents to ensure proper adhesion.
- The one-hour drive-away time is always followed to allow enough time for bonding and ensure passenger safety.
Safety You Can Rely On
Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale offers a G12® Road Hazard Guarantee with every windshield replacement. So, if your new windshield becomes damaged within one year of replacement, we will take care of the glass for you. If we cannot repair the damage, we will replace it. Repairs and new glass are free!
If your windshield is damaged, don't wait for the problem to get worse. Contact Glass Doctor of Fort Lauderdale today.