Windshield Repair and Replacement
Get a complete windshield repair or replacement, by calling on Glass Doctor® of Bemidji for expert auto glass services. We’ll help you get rid of windshield damage quickly and easily. In fact, we’ll come to you.
At Glass Doctor of Bemidji, we're dedicated to your safety -not focused on making a sale. We’ll only recommend windshield replacement if it’s necessary to maintain the strength of your windshield and provide a clear view of the highway. Here’s how we evaluate windshield damage:
- Location: Windshield cracks or chips that sit right in front of your eyes, or even slightly interrupt your clear view of the road, typically require replacement. A repair can cure imperfectly, leaving a surface blip. When cracks reach the windshield edge, they tend to spread, so replacement is also normally necessary.
- Timespan: If the crack has been around for a while, dirt may be lodged in the windshield, making repairs impossible. That means it’s time for a new windshield.
- Mesurements: In most instances, a windshield chip larger than about 3/8 inch, or a crack longer than three inches, requires replacement.
Windshield Repair and Restoration
Whenever possible, Glass Doctor of Bemidji offers the economical solution to windshield damage:
- Save Time: Glass Doctor of Bemidji can usually handle windshield repairs in under an hour.
- Save Money: Windshield repair is cheaper than complete windshield replacement.
- Save Your Insurance Deductible: You save the insurance company money by getting your auto glass fixed rather than replaced, so some carriers waive the deductible.
- Save the Environment: When we repair your windshield, it won’t end up in the local landfill, where it can remain forever.
How Windshield Repair Works
The highly trained glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Bemidji clear away or drill out road dirt in the chipped or cracked spot. Next, resin material is inserted with a specialized tool attached to the windshield surface. Then, resin is cured and polished, restoring proper windshield strength and clarity.
Since your vehicle’s windshield not only provides visibility but helps hold your car together, quick replacement is crucial for safety. On some vehicle models, the AGSC (Auto Glass Safety Council) estimates that more than half the integrity of your driver/passenger compartment, in a rollover, comes from the windshield. Here’s how Glass Doctor of Bemidji replaces your windshield, when necessary:
- Our professional auto glass technicians remove the damaged windshield with care, preventing scratches to the paint job and bonding, which could lead to windshield leakage and rust on your car.
- An OEM-quality (original equipment manufacturer) windshield is prepared for installation.
- We use only AGSC-recommended best practices and materials (including adhesive) when replacing your windshield.
- The procedure includes a one-hour windshield adhesive curing time to ensure auto safety.
- Once your windshield is replaced, Glass Doctor of Bemidji will explain our G12 Road Hazard Guarantee. This guarantee provides free windshield chip or crack repair (or replacement if necessary for safely) within the next 12 months.