Expert Windshield Repair and Replacement for Your Vehicle
Auto glass damage due to vandalism, road accidents, or extreme weather conditions can be expensive and inconvenient. Still, it doesn't have to be. Glass Doctor® of Battle Creek, MI, can quickly provide an assessment and windshield repair or replacement. Don't get talked into unnecessary windshield replacement; our auto glass specialists can generally repair cracks and chips in your vehicle that measure three inches or less.
Professional Windshield Repair or Replacement
Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI puts your safety first; our windshield specialists only replace your car or truck window if necessary. Here are the key elements that determine if you need new auto glass:
- Position: A splintering windshield crack reaching the window edge will likely worsen and could be a danger on the road. If your windshield damage interrupts your line of sight while driving, we recommend replacing your glass.
- Dimensions of damaged area: Car window cracks over three inches generally need replacement. The same applies to a chip of more than 3/8 of an inch.
- Duration: If your windshield has been cracked for a while, debris in the cracked area may make auto glass repairs ineffective. In that case, we recommend replacing your car's windshield.
Windshield Repair Saves Money
Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, typically advises customers to have their windshield repaired by our glass experts rather than getting a whole new windshield for their vehicle. When it's safe to do so, we recommend repairing the windshield because it's:
- Quick: We complete most windshield restorations in less than 60 minutes.
- Effective: Windshield repair is a safe alternative to car window replacement that stops cracks in their tracks and keeps chips from spreading.
- Economical: Fixing a windshield is inexpensive compared to replacement.
- Earth-Friendly: Every windshield repaired means one less piece of glass in landfills.
- Deductible-Waived: In our experience, many auto insurers waive deductibles due to the cost savings when you choose to repair instead of replace your windshield.
The Glass Doctor Windshield Repair Process
Experienced glass specialists from Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, clean out the crack or chip in your windshield. Next, we often drill a direct channel in the glass, filling it with windshield resin using specialized glass-repair equipment. To finish, we cure the resin, smoothing it to a polished finish.
Excellent Windshield Replacement
When removing your existing windshield, Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, keeps your vehicle's paint job and bonding pristine, preventing future rust or leakage.
Our auto glass specialists select the proper windshield replacement for your vehicle, matching the Original Equipment Equivalent's (OEE) specifications. Using Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) approved adhesives and procedures, our glass specialists install your new windshield. Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, allows proper curing time for the auto glass adhesive (60 minutes), and you're ready to drive.
Auto Insurance at Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI
Don't worry about spending hours on the phone with your insurer. Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, can file auto insurance on your behalf. Our glass specialists have working relationships with all major insurance companies. However, we recommend checking your car insurance coverage before a windshield repair or replacement.
With our Windshield Protection Plan, any damage within the next year is repaired for free, including a free windshield replacement if necessary. For more information, visit our Windshield Protection Plan.
Book a Windshield Repair or Replacement Appointment Today
Our team of service professionals provides excellent windshield repair or replacement, so you can keep your vehicle on the road. Contact Glass Doctor of Battle Creek, MI, today for expert windshield repair or replacement.