Windshield Repair and Replacement
Auto glass damage as a result of vandalism, road accidents or extreme weather conditions, can be expensive and inconvenient, but it doesn’t have to be. Glass Doctor® of Battle Creek can quickly provide an assessment and windshield repair or replacement. Don’t get talked into unnecessary windshield replacement; our auto glass specialists can generally repair cracks and chips in your vehicle that measure three inches or less.
Windshield Repair or Replacement
Glass Doctor of Battle Creek puts your safety first; our windshield specialists only replace your car or truck window if necessary. Here are the key elements that determine if you need new auto glass:
- Position: A splintering windshield crack reaching the window edge is likely to get worse and could be a danger on the road. If your windshield damage interrupts your line of sight as you are driving, we’ll recommend replacing your glass.
- Dimensions of damaged area: Car window cracks longer than three inches generally need replacement. The same is true of a chip of more than 3/8 of an inch.
- Duration: If your windshield has been cracked for a while, debris in the cracked area may make auto glass repairs ineffective. In that case, we'll recommend replacing your car’s windshield.
Windshield Repair Saves Money
Glass Doctor of Battle Creek typically advises customers to have their windshield repaired by our glass experts, rather than getting a whole new windshield for your vehicle. When it’s safe to do so, we recommend repairing the windshield because it's:
- Quick: We complete most windshield restoration in less than 60 minutes.
- Effective: Windshield repair is a safe alternative to car window replacement that stops cracks in their tracks and keep chips from spreading.
- Economical: Fixing a windshield is inexpensive compared to replacement.
- Earth-Friendly: Every windshield repaired means one less piece of glass in landfills.
- Deductible-Waived: In our experience, many auto insurers opt to waive deductibles due to the cost savings when you choose repair instead of replacing your windshield.
How We Do It: Professional Windshield Repair
Experienced glass specialists from Glass Doctor of Battle Creek clean out the crack or chip in your windshield. Next, we often drill a direct channel in the glass, filling it with windshield resin using specialized glass-repair equipment. To finish, we cure the resin, smoothing it to a polished finish.
How We Do It: Expert Windshield Replacement
When removing your existing windshield, Glass Doctor of Battle Creek keeps your vehicle’s paint job and bonding pristine, so future rust or leakage is prevented.
Our auto glass specialists select the proper windshield replacement for your vehicle, matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications. Using Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) approved adhesives and procedures; our glass specialists install your new windshield. Glass Doctor of Battle Creek allows proper curing time for the auto glass adhesive (60 minutes) and you're ready to drive!
Auto Insurance at Glass Doctor of Battle Creek
Don’t worry about spending hours on the phone with your insurer. Glass Doctor of Battle Creek can do the auto insurance filing on your behalf. Our glass specialists have working relationships with all major insurance companies, however we do recommend checking your car insurance coverage before a windshield repair or replacement.
You won’t drive off alone! With our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, any windshield damage within the next year is repaired FREE, including FREE windshield replacement if necessary. For more information, visit our G12® Windshield Guarantee.
Don't delay! For expert windshield repair or replacement, contact Glass Doctor of Battle Creek today!