Windshield Replacement & Repair in Asheville
Your windshield is the first line of defense against the elements and airborne debris from the road, storms or an accident. Repairing or replacing your windshield at the first sign of damage will ensure the structural support of your vehicle remains intact.
The automotive glass specialists at Glass Doctor® of Asheville understands the importance of immediate attention when a windshield is damaged – no matter how slight the crack or chip may appear.
There are two very important reasons to replace your windshield when damage is first noticed:
Being able to clearly see and scan the road in all directions is one of the most important aspects of driving.
- A cracked windshield with significant damage seriously impairs your ability to drive in your usual manner.
- Even small, seemingly insignificant dings or cracks will distract your eyes from the road ahead.
- Cracks also catch and reflect glare from the sun, streetlights and the headlights of other vehicles.
Your windshield provides your vehicle's cabin support. A ding or chip can turn into a crack at any time, especially when driving. A compromised windshield cannot supply you or your passengers with the level of safety you need.
- If you’re involved in a head-on collision, the windshield provides up to 45% of the structural integrity of the inside of your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is involved in a rollover accident, the windshield provides up to 60% of that support.
- Your windshield is responsible for preventing the roof from collapsing on you if your car rolls. It also helps deploy your car's air bags to protect the front seat passenger from ejection.
The automotive glass experts at Glass Doctor of Asheville serving the Asheville area always consider these important factors when deciding if the best option for your windshield is repair or replacement:
Size:While there are exceptions, chips or dings smaller than 3/8 of an inch and cracks shorter than three inches long are generally good candidates for our windshield repair services.
Location:Cracks close to the edge of the windshield or those that have splintered typically spread further, which requires replacement. Damage interfering with your vision requires windshield replacement as a safety measure because some repairs leave slight imperfections in the glass.
Timeliness:The longer you ignore even small chips and cracks, the more unintentional damage you’re doing to your windshield. The elements and the daily stress of driving take a toll on an otherwise small, easily repaired crack or chip.
Because windshields are essential elements of the safety measures developed by vehicle manufacturers, proper replacement is necessary to maintain the safety of your vehicle.
When your windshield needs replacement, our specialists follow strict windshield replacement procedures as recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
After the damaged windshield is removed. AGSC-approved adhesive is applied to the windshield frame. A new windshield, matching that of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), will be expertly installed. While the replacement process usually takes under an hour, it will take additional time for the adhesives to set and bond.
As a final defense against future damage, we include a guarantee on our work. A glass specialist will review our Windshield Protection Plan with you, which states if your new windshield becomes damaged within 12 months, Glass Doctor of Asheville will repair chips and cracks or will replace the windshield free of charge.
We're ready to make your windshield as good as new. Call or fill out or online form to make an appointment now!