Pet Door Installation in Arlington, TX
By installing a pet door in your home, you can make your home more welcoming for your pet. Glass Doctor® of Arlington, TX can help you easily integrate a dog door that matches your house's aesthetic. Our experts can add dog doors to patios, exterior doors, interior doors, or walls.
All About Pet Doors
The pet doors are made of the best materials, with a fusion-welded frame to a thermal pane safety glass. They are built using insulated glass, and a doubled-walled flap with weather strips to help keep your home cool during the summer, and warm during the winter.
We partner with leading pet door makers to provide secure, high-quality pet doors that fit different sizes. Glass Doctor provides four sizes to choose from when you are deciding on a pet door: small, medium, large, and extra-large.
Generally, the pet door size chart recommendations are as follows:
- Small: cats up to 24 pounds, dogs up to 9 pounds.
- Medium: dogs up to 40 pounds.
- Large: dogs up to 100 pounds.
- Extra-large: dogs up to 220 pounds.
All these sizes are energy-efficient, quiet, secure, and long-lasting. The dog door will not block your entry or exit door and allow the door to open all the way.
Types of Pets Doors
At Glass Doctor of Arlington, TX, our doors come in a variety which includes:
- Electronic Dog Doors: Allow extra security and animal access control.
- Door Unit: Installed on a variety of doors, this has a high-performance rating.
- Wall unit: Located in walls, this adds extra security for pets.
Installation into Existing Glass Doors
The service professionals at Glass Doctor of Arlington, TX are experts in their field with years of training. They will start the process of installing a pet door into your home by:
- Inspect the interior and exterior of the area where you want to place the pet door. This area will be checked to make sure that there are no studs, and that there is appropriate support for the door.
- Our service professionals will measure twice, to make sure that one cut is all we will need when making the opening for the doggie door.
- After patching up drywall around the cuts, our professionals will install the interior panel of the dog door.
- Outside, our experts will weather-proof the opening, taking care to make sure that bad weather won’t affect the inside of your home.
- Then, the outside frame will be installed, using special spray foam to ensure that no water gets behind the frame.
- The frames are fastened together and checked to make sure that all items are secure.
Why Choose Glass Doctor?
In addition to our ability to create your custom pet door, we also offer:
- Over 40 years of experience repairing and replacing custom glass and mirror products
- Emergency services for home, commercial and auto glass repair, 24/7
- Courteous, uniformed professionals
- With features like weather stripping, dual pane low E glass and aluminum framing, you’ll be sure to get the right fit for your home.
- Priority scheduling with the Glass Doctor Advantage Plan®
Pet Door Installation Near Me
If you do not have a regular patio door, do not worry, the service professionals at Glass Doctor can fit a pet door on a variety of door glass and frame types. Call our experts now at (972) 685-6824 for a in-home consultation and we'll quickly install your pet door.
FAQs about Pet Door Installation
How long does the pet door installation process take?
The time to complete the installation process depends on the complexity of the project. Your Glass Doctor service professional will provide you with an accurate completion time.
Will the pet door installation leave any visible marks or damage on the glass?
No, your Glass Doctor service professional ensures the installation is clean, with no visible damage to the glass.