Windshield Replacement & Rock Chip Repair in Wheat Ridge, CO
A damage-free windshield is essential to driving safety, so when damage occurs, you must have your windshield repaired as soon as possible. You can count on Glass Doctor® of Wheat Ridge. Our team specializes in windshield repair and replacement services.
Our skilled service professionals can repair chips, replace full windshields, and ensure that your advanced driver assistant system remains calibrated. We even have a mobile unit to come to your location for the most convenient windshield service.
Professional Windshield Repair or Replacement
To decide if windshield repair is possible or if replacement is required for safety, Glass Doctor of Wheat Ridge considers the following:
- Damage dimensions: Windshield cracks over three inches in length and chips larger than 3/8 inch indicate the need for windshield replacement.
- Functional issues: Windshield cracks at the edge of the glass tend to spread, making a complete replacement necessary. Similarly, replacement is also essential if the crack or chip is located within the driver's line of vision because it can inhibit the driver's ability to spot road hazards.
- Age: How long the windshield damage has existed is essential. After a while, debris accumulates in the damaged area, so a clean and clear repair becomes impossible.
Windshield Repair Advantages
Windshield repairs are our preferred solution to windshield damage. We recommend repair over replacement when safe to do so because:
- Highly convenient: Glass Doctor of Wheat Ridge often completes windshield repairs in less than an hour.
- Low cost: Windshield repair has a lower price tag than replacement.
- Better insurance coverage: Insurance companies save money with repair, so sometimes the company waives the deductible, and windshield repair may cost you nothing.
The Windshield Repair Process
If your vehicle is eligible for our windshield repair service, then your Glass Doctor service professional will use the following process:
- Clean the chip or crack
- Use a drill, if necessary, to create a passageway for the clear resin
- Inject resin into the chip or crack using a special tool
- Allow the resin to harden
- Polish the resin for a clear finish
Windshield Replacement Process
If your windshield requires replacement, Glass Doctor of Wheat Ridge follows Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) prescribed steps:
- We carefully remove the cracked windshield to prevent damaged paint, bonding, and potential rust.
- Using a new windshield that meets the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS), we apply AGSC approved adhesives and properly place the windshield.
- The adhesive cures; your vehicle is ready to drive after the dry time elapses.
- Before you leave, we'll review our Windshield Protection Plan.
Our Windshield Protection Plan backs every windshield replacement completed by our team. The plan is provided at no cost to you and covers unlimited repairs or single windshield replacement within 12 months of the original installation. We also offer additional coverage at an additional cost that include some benefits like:
- Wiper Blades
- Hydrophobic Glass Protectant
- ADAS Calibration
- Labor, adhesives, and molding.
Windshield Repair and Replacement Near Me
The convenient and efficient way to deal with windshield damage is clear! Call or schedule an appointment with Glass Doctor of [franchsie:location-name] for quality, full-service windshield repair and replacement.
FAQs about Windshield Repair and Replacement
What is the difference between windshield repair and replacement?
Windshield repair involves fixing the damage, like a crack or chip, on the existing windshield. Windshield replacement is more complex and involves removing the damaged windshield and installing a new one.
How soon can I drive my car after a windshield replacement?
After replacing your windshield, you will typically have to wait one hour before you can drive your vehicle. This allows the adhesives to cure and ensures the vehicle is safe to drive.