Commercial Door Closer Service
Businesses with heavy door entrances should consider a commercial door closer to make it exponentially easier to enter and exit your business. These door closers ensure the safety of the door and everyone who walks through them. Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO® provides commercial door closers and maintenance services to your business to keep your business running smoothly.
How Does a Commercial Door Closer Work?
A commercial door closer allows customers to feel initial resistance as they begin to open the door, showing how heavy the door is. After that initial resistance the door will smoothly glide open. As the customer walks through the entryway, letting go of the door, a spring inside the door will force the mechanism’s arm to hold the weight of the door and gently close the door until it returns to its frame.
All of these steps allows for customers to smoothly enter your business without having to physically close the door or have it slam behind them.
Variety of Styles
Door closers are used in a wide variety of businesses, from schools to hospitals, small businesses, restaurants, and everything in between. Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO provides an assortment of styles for door closers so that you can choose the one that goes best with the aesthetic of your business. These styles are:
- Top Jam: used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm: because of their resistance to vandalism, these are used in schools.
- Regular Arm: mounted on the exterior of the door, these are the most power efficient.
- Surface Mounted: fitted to the doorframe, usually this is the most cost efficient.
- Concealed: fitted into the door or the doorframe, this door closer is hidden from sight.
- Floor-Spring: mounted to the floor, this type is also hidden from view.
Installing a Commercial Door Closer
Should you choose to install a commercial door closer, your local Glass Doctor technician will perform the following actions:
- Identify the right door closer for you.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both the doorframe and the door.
- Connect both pieces of the hardware to connect the door closer.
- Test the commercial door closer to make sure everything is in working order.
Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO’s specialists take the upmost care to either install a new glass storefront door and door closer or add a closer to an existing door.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t void the contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair your closer. Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO’s specialists frequently repair and replace door closers because of three key problems:
- Low Oil and Broken Seals - It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in a door closer because lack of lubrication causes doors to open or close too quickly, posing a possible injury risk. Broken seals expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable to causing oil leaks and low oil levels. These leaks and low levels can generally indicate a mechanical problem within the door closer, such as broke O-ring, missing screws or a failed seal.
- Incorrect Type of Door Closer - Heavy glass doors require a strong door closer with strong springs to hold the force and weight of the door as it opens and closes. If a storefront door has the wrong type of closer, it poses the risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
- Improperly Adjusted and Installed Closers - Improperly installed door closers give a risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the door, possibly even resulting in the door getting stuck on occasions. Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO specialists bring the right tools to install and maintain commercial door closers to ensure that:
- Your door remains in good working condition.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the door is prevented.
- The lifespan of your door closer is maximized.
The professional and courteous workers at Glass Doctor of St. Charles, MO are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, maintaining, repairing and replacing commercial door closers. Specialists are also trained to help with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and other hardware throughout your business. Call (636) 946-8866 today to schedule a free consultation and get a commercial door closer today!