Windshield Repair and Replacement
When the windshield on your vehicle has been damaged, the first question that comes to mind is whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. The glass repair specialists at Glass Doctor® of Pensacola will repair most windshields with minor cracks or chips, but cracks longer than about three inches typically require a windshield replacement for your safety. At Glass Doctor of Pensacola, we consider several factors to help you decide if windshield repair or replacement is your best option.
- Size: With a few exceptions, cracks longer than three inches and chips larger than 3/8 of an inch require windshield replacement.
- Location: Certain cracks, such as those that have splintered to the edge of the windshield, have a tendency to spread, which means your vehicle will require a windshield replacement. Chips and cracks located directly in the driver's line of sight also require replacement because a repair does not always cure clearly, compromising visibility.
- Duration: The longer a crack or chip goes unfixed, the more likely it is that dirt will build up. This makes it difficult to repair successfully, and often requires a replacement.
At Glass Doctor of Pensacola, we handle the insurance filing for you, and we work with all major insurance carriers. Before having your windshield repaired or replaced, we advise you to contact your local agent to confirm your coverage. As soon as you're ready, we'll help you decide between windshield repair and replacement.
Windshield Repair in Pensacola
Windshield repair is an inexpensive alternative to windshield replacement that can stop chips and cracks from spreading.
Glass Doctor recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Glass Doctor specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Windshield Replacement in Pensacola
According to the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC), your windshield provides up to 60% of a vehicle's crash safety strength in a rollover accident. If your windshield is cracked, prompt windshield replacement is crucial for your safety. Our glass specialists perform a series of thorough steps to make sure your windshield is replaced properly.
- First, the old windshield is removed carefully to keep the paint and bonding surface from being damaged. This is essential for leak and corrosion prevention.
- Our specialists select a windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specs for installation.
- Glass Doctor of Pensacola replaces your windshield following the procedures recommended by the AGSC, and applies only AGSC-approved adhesives to your car during windshield replacement.
- To allow the adhesive to cure and to ensure your safety, we observe the recommended one-hour drive-away time.
While you wait for the adhesive to cure, we go over our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your new windshield is chipped, cracked or damaged in any way within the next 12 months, Glass Doctor of Pensacola will repair or replace the glass for free.
A crack in your windshield threatens the safety of your family and yourself, so if your windshield is cracked, don't wait. Contact Glass Doctor of Pensacola today. Our window repair and replacement specialists have the skills and experience to help you get your vehicle back on the road.
Cities We Service
Zip codes we service