Windshield damage is unsightly and inconvenient, but more importantly, it compromises the safety of your vehicle. It’s important to address damage to your windshield quickly to lessen the odds of it becoming a more serious problem. Glass Doctor® of Missoula, MT makes the process of car windshield replacement or repair worry free, with minimal interruption to your busy schedule.
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Missoula are trained and experienced in assessing auto glass damage to determine whether total windshield replacement is necessary or if your auto glass can easily be repaired. An inspection by our experts will take into account the size, location, age and circumstances of the damaged glass to determine the best solution.
- As a general rule, a crack that exceeds three inches in length or a chip greater than 3/8 inch requires total windshield replacement.
- A chip or crack in the driver’s line of sight endangers the driver and may also require replacement.
- When a crack has spread to the edge of the windshield, the damage will often continue to spread, we recommend windshield replacement in this case.
- The age of the damage can also be a factor in calculating whether your car windshield should be repaired or replaced as an accumulation of dirt and residue makes repair more difficult.
A ding or crack in your windshield doesn’t have to be a catastrophe. In many cases, a repair by Glass Doctor of Missoula will remedy the flaw and prevent further damage. During the windshield repair, our experts remove any buildup and debris from the damaged area to facilitate the process of filling the crack or chip with our special resin. This allows the resin to bond properly with the glass. Once the resin is injected and cured, the area is polished to a clear finish.
The advantages of windshield repair over complete replacement include:
- Cost effectiveness: Repairing a windshield costs far less than complete replacement.
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Missoula usually completes windshield repairs in less than one hour.
- Environmentally Friendly: Windshield repair keeps your windshield in use instead of in the trash. The environment will thank you.
- Insurance Considerations: Insurance companies tend to favor windshield repair over replacement because of the cost difference and may even waive your deductible, paying for the repair in its entirety.
Windshield replacement, when warranted, should be addressed and completed swiftly to ensure the safety of your vehicle, and more importantly, its occupants. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) recommends specific standards for windshield replacement, which are focused on keeping you and your passengers safe in an accident or in the event of auto glass damage. Glass Doctor of Missoula takes pride in meeting and exceeding those standards. We exclusively use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality replacement windshields and AGSC approved adhesives.
- The experts at Glass Doctor of Missoula will remove the windshield without damaging the vehicle’s paint or bonding surface before installing a quality replacement. After the installation is complete, a one-hour cure time is observed as recommended by the AGSC.
- Drive confidently with our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee; this protection plan ensures any chips or cracks to your new windshield made within twelve months will be repaired at no charge. Additionally, if the windshield is damaged beyond repair, the replacement glass is free.
Let the experts at Glass Doctor of Missoula handle your windshield replacement or repair, and experience a level of service second to none. We work with all major insurance brands and will contact your insurance company for you before your repair. Verifying your coverage prior to the actual repair is recommended. Call or click to schedule your appointment today!