Windshield Services by Glass Doctor of McAllen
Windshield chip repair from Glass Doctor of McAllen gets you back on the road in a timely manner. Call us today. We Fix Your Auto Glass!
Cracks and chips in your glass could determine the fate of your vehicle’s windshield. When damage has occurred to your auto glass, the glass weakens, and the chances of shattering increases. Glass Doctor of McAllen knows the dangers associated with damaged windshields, and we want to help you avoid them.
If your vision is obstructed while you drive, it creates a significant safety hazard. Even if your vision isn’t obscured, a damaged windshield is a definite safety issue. Between 45 and 60% of your car’s structural integrity is in your windshield, and it helps to deploy the airbags correctly in case of an accident. Let Glass Doctor of McAllen help you with your damaged windshield today.
Repair or Replace?
Our team will:
- Inspect the damage to determine if a windshield repair or replacement is the best option.
- Recommend a repair whenever possible.
- Work with your insurance company and handle all the necessary forms so you’ll get the coverage you’re entitled to receive.
Windshield repair is generally easy unless the damage is in the driver’s field of vision, the chip is larger than the size of a quarter, or the crack is larger than three inches. Windshield repair is more likely if the damage is recent and doesn’t have dirt embedded in the chips. Repairs are less expensive than replacements, and some insurance companies will waive the deductible. Let us help you work with your local insurance agent to check your coverage before getting a repair.
If a windshield repair is an option, your Glass Doctor of McAllen service professional performs the following:
- Remove debris from the damaged area to create a clean surface for the repair resin.
- Inject a special resin into the damage.
- Cure the resin so your windshield’s strength is restored.
- Polish the windshield to a clear finish.
If your windshield needs replacement, we’ll do the job right and back our work with our Windshield Protection Plan>®. If your windshield is damaged within 12 months, Glass Doctor of McAllen will repair chips and replace the glass once if it’s cracked or broken within the time frame.
Our service professionals follow replacement steps recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC):
- Carefully remove the windshield.
- Choose a windshield that meets the guidelines of the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
- Use AGSC-approved adhesives to seal your new windshield.
- Observe the recommended drive-away time for your safety. This gives the adhesive time to cure and form a proper seal.
Schedule an appointment today to have a Glass Doctor of McAllen service professional repair or replace your windshield so you'll be back on the road quickly and safely!